Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:12:42 PM

Author Topic: Learning Curve ahead! Problem Solved!!!!!  (Read 19241 times)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Learning Curve ahead!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 06:56:56 PM »
Kristin

you might have computer problem.what are the specs of your computer. do you have it overclocked.do you have big memory in it. if you have over 1gig ,take some out and
try it 1gig or less. there has been a lot of reports of motherboards using over 1gig memoy doing bad things to drawing programs.

bill

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
  • Take that you LazyCam, next stop the glue factory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »
Bill,

2.8 GHz P4, 1.2 Gig memory, I can try this on the slower machine I use for my machine I  think that is a 1.8GHz P4 w/512 Gig of memory. Interesting thought, I'll try and get back with the information if this works. The wierd part is that even the built in txt function of LC didn't work?

Kristin

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 08:48:17 PM »
News flash!!!! Amazing who would have thought too much memory was a bad thing! with the 512Meg on the machine PC it works without all the wierd distortions!

Very odd indeed!

Thanks for all the help, now m only problem is I can't do this at my desk I have to go to the shop to create filles.

>:( ;D :o

Kristin

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
wow, never heard of the memory thing being an issue. That's really is an odd one. I have 1.5 gig of ram on here (2.8 gig P4) with no issues.

Ya learn something new everyday about LCam -  :D

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »
Dave,
Struck me as odd too, never heard of too much memory but perhaps it's possible, I tried it on the machine PC w/512Meg and it worked without a problem.

Krisitin

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 10:32:18 PM »
see that 1.2 gig that windows reports is a dead giveaway.you got work to do.start looking for updates .you will probably have to flash your cmos.look for drivers and windows memory patches.
if it is a store bought computer and not a home built one.it will have a bottom of the barrell motherboard and a lot of paper that say's how great it is. Go get em killer! Kristin you might have two
memory strips in your desk computer pull one out and try it.

bill

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »
Bill,

It's an IBM desktop, originaly with 256Meg of mem, I added a gig about a year ago, aside from that it works flawlessly. The other PC I run the machine on has only 512megs of memory and processes the files fine, I guess that is the trade off I can create files in my office and have to spend a few min in the shop to process the code. I still find it interesting that too much memory causes a problem, bet Vista users are sunk as I hear 2 Gig is recomended minimum memory.

Kristin

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »
Kristin

you missing what i am saying . pull that 256 strip out and you might be ok. if your cmos and drivers are not up to snuff when you past one gig the memory managers have a hard time cache
memory between the strips and video when using drawing and cad programs.but your data and file programs will run perfect. one of my computers has a motherboard that can handle 32gig
and i have 16gig installed. it is triple booted with winxp home,xppro 64 and linux. the 64 and linux run great but the xphome has no chance.

bill

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 07:28:34 AM »
Sorry to derail this thread, but Bill, I have to see this motherboard that holds that size memory. What brand and model is it if you don't mind saying?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
Budman

my buddy has been upgrading some of his servers getting them all to rack models. he gave me one of these so i could put it in a atx case. supermicro h8dmi-2 motherboard with a cpu and
16gig memory. it sets one cpu complete so i can play with it. not bad for free. butt he won't give me any pointers, i have to learn on my own. i don't try to run mach on this.

bill