Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 12:05:21 PM

Author Topic: Learning Curve ahead! Problem Solved!!!!!  (Read 19269 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Learning Curve ahead!
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 10:25:47 AM »
Excellent, Bill, I figured it had to be something like that. I'd love to play with some "hand me downs" like that.  :D

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
  • Take that you LazyCam, next stop the glue factory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 07:39:22 PM »
Kristin

you missing what i am saying . pull that 256 strip out and you might be ok. if your cmos and drivers are not up to snuff when you past one gig the memory managers have a hard time cache
memory between the strips and video when using drawing and cad programs.but your data and file programs will run perfect. one of my computers has a motherboard that can handle 32gig
and i have 16gig installed. it is triple booted with winxp home,xppro 64 and linux. the 64 and linux run great but the xphome has no chance.

bill

Bill,

The factory spec for my PC states 2GB memory, so I can't see that as the problem, I did check for BIOS updates when I got it and it was fine. So I am still lost as to how the memory could be affecting things, also the other machine PC also has some wierd things with LC not the same but others I have encountered. I really need to start documenting the strange things, I am a little ticked with parting with $75 for added "features" that don't really work right and still no documentation. Guess I'll have to take it up with the management on Tuesday afte the weekend. Overall it works but is as full of bugs as a Motel matress at the "no tell motel"

Time to take a rest from this for the holiday, I'll get mad all over later.

Kristin

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 08:50:56 PM »
see that 1.2 gig that windows reports is a dead giveaway.you got work to do.start looking for updates .you will probably have to flash your cmos.look for drivers and windows memory patches.
if it is a store bought computer and not a home built one.it will have a bottom of the barrell motherboard and a lot of paper that say's how great it is. Go get em killer! Kristin you might have two
memory strips in your desk computer pull one out and try it.

bill

Bill,

Well "problem solved" I think, Art Fenerty responded on the Yahoo site and suggested I zoom in on the character I was trying to offset and it worked perfectly! Still strange, wonder if it's screen resolution, video memory or what. But bottom line is it works, no problems with 1.26GB in my machine and it saved me pulling out the 256Meg strip for nothing.

Kristin

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Learning Curve ahead! Problem Solved!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2008, 11:56:32 AM »
Hey,Kristin

did you ever test run that file i did for you. and if you can post a picture of your mill.

thanks bill

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
Bill,

Yes I did run it and it seemed to work fine, I have since given up on LC though, just too flaky and difficult to use interface. Matter of fact I got a refund and threw away the key! I don't have any pictures of the mill but it is a standard issue Taig mill that I changed the leadscrews out for the upgraded CNC set & motor mounts. Right now I am still trying to get the home/limit switches mounted and all the wires tucked up, it's covered in swarf and doesn't look like much.

Now to search out a program that works without going broke or loosing my mind trying to get it to work!

Kristin
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2008, 06:56:59 PM »
After "CAMing" all the features I want in a part in LCam, the last thing I do is remove all the "original" entities of the dxf file I started with before posting the gcode. I do this by just selecting the layer (usually layer 0) and deleting. I do this because I sometimes use the same dxf entity for multiple operations (i.e islands on the inside and offset cut with tabs on the outside) so deleting immediately after creating the island would be a problem.

If only Lcam had the ability to Z-ramp on lead-ins!!!

Still a pretty darn good program for the money.

Best regards,
Mike