Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:32:53 AM

Author Topic: Learning Curve ahead! Problem Solved!!!!!  (Read 19183 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Learning Curve ahead!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »
What version are you using? (click "help/about")

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
  • Take that you LazyCam, next stop the glue factory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »
3.00.2 pro edition.

I went back and verified that the selected tool was listed as .1875 dia, the feeds and speeds translated OK it was the offset that came out wierd.

Kristin

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 07:55:32 PM »
Will you run this tomorrow?

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 08:13:50 PM »
Already ran the file you sent, worked perfectly a very rough measurment of the large OD was .497 but I really didn't get the calipers straight so it's probably .500"

Might be time to just remove and reload LC and see what happens next. Could also be my DXF's from Solid Edge 2D but I have used them w/o ofsets and they seem to be accurate as well as DXF's exported from Corel Draw. I't really hot here in the front of the house where my PC is so I have to retreat and come back later to reload the program and give it another shot. I'll report the results, OH can you send the DXF you used to create the LC file that may clear up another bit of the puzzle if yours works and mine does not.

Krristin

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 08:23:11 PM »
Sure, but then I have to hit the hay...lol!

Glad it worked for you, you'll figure it out -  :)

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 08:36:09 PM »
Thanks Dave,

The two DXF files yours and mine look identical, even the same ref dimension up in the top right of the LC screen. I'll play around later and see what I get but I think it's time to remove/reboot/reinstall LC something must be going on there.

Kristin

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 11:30:42 PM »
ALL very strange, took me a while to delete LC, seems some files stay in Mach3 so I dumped that too and took out the folder which still had about eight files still remaining, could be why every previous time I loaded LC it still had the same tool table which I was trying to loose! Anyway now I am back to the 2.61 version of LC anot the 3.00.2 version and the offsets work fine!!! Well it's a coin toss now do I put 3.00.2 back or just go with what works?

Kristin

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 05:01:28 AM »
Well, I personally like to stick with what works but I will always give new versions a "try" on a different PC to test them out before using them "seriously".  ;)

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »
Hi ,Krisitn

I used l-cam 300.2 -- the tap file is for a 3/16 center cut end mill.
l-cam had trouble with your original dxf when doing some arcs.i opened it with cadstdlite and used the export feature to save as a new dxf.this works as a great filter for cad programs that have trouble
with l-cam. attached will be a tap and l-cam file to show you one possible way to do the part. there are many .also a copy of the filtered dxf.i gave you a little extra clearence with the slot.when i did the tool
table the tool  was set as 3/16 end mill -- dia .1875 -- f 5.0 -- s 10.0 -- depth .050 --.

bill

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »
Bill,

I'll take a look at those files a bit later, have to deal with the end of month bill paying today and get in supplies so I don't need to go out again till Tuesday. I live near a large lake that attracts too many kooks on holidays so I just stock up and lock the gates till they all leave town.

Edit:

Bill the file looks good I tried the program you mentioned (free version) to clean the dxf, still didn't have any luck. Well let me backtrack a bit, now I am trying to create some acrylic house numbers 3126 to be exact, I made them in Corel draw saved as dxf and when I try to offset I get all sorts of strange shapes, single numbers seem to be ok in both v2.61 and v300.2. Next I did the same thing with LC and used the text tab, selected Times New Roman typed 3126, draged it to the page and tried offsets and get wierd shapes, large lobes and jagged triangles! I have tried this with both versions of LC, perhaps it just can't do a string of text only single characters?   

Well I am back at v2.61 again after deleteing everything again and still no closer to the answer, I can't think I am the first person to want to offset text.

Kristin

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:08:45 PM by Kristin D »