Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:47:07 AM

Author Topic: Is it true about Galil plugin?  (Read 25110 times)

Is it true about Galil plugin?
« on: July 10, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
I have now gotten my machine up and running Flawlessly well on Sunday... Not one problem... I installed the home switches one at a time checking each as they were hooked up.. It all worked great until I started it up today... It was ok on Tuesday, infact it ran for a 6 hour program with no problems....Now today when I started it up I ran out X,Y,and Z then checked the homeing as I was planning on setting up a fixture with some manual tool changes and a few of the same part...

At first it homed Z fine, then X went the opisite direction.. When it came to Y it moved a few inches pretty quick and stopped... Nothing was working properly at this time.. No moves possable, with the Shuttle pro, or the tab control... I hit the ESC key and it scrolled SCRIPT TERMINATED across the bottom and then I could move the machine, but did not have any movement in the DRO...

I checked ports pins and homeing limits.. I got the X going the correct direction, but then Z tryed to home - .....

I had to stop for other business but at the time I stopped messing with it it would not home any of the axis... any attempt would cause some script to not complete its task, seemingly locking it down.....

I still have Camsoft installed, the machine runs in the same manner as before the installation of Mach with camsoft....  Why??? I hate some of the camsoft features, and Mach ran so much better than camsoft..... Help!!!!!!!!!!!.?>?>?>?
Hey THANKS 4 all the help in advance. I'll need more than you'll ever expect!!!

www.cravenpottery.com

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Is it true about Galil plugin?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:34:14 PM »
Sounds to me like you may have something (another application) opening on start up interfering wiht Mach. Do me a favor. Go to the downloads section and get the optimazation instructions. Disable everything on start up and see if that cures it. Let us know how you make out please.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »
Will DO...

www.cravenpottery.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »
I have had some troubles getting back on the forum... But I read all the directions, but I guess you must not be to familiar with Camsoft? Camsoft will screw up if you use an electric sparcking lighter for a cigerette... HAHAHAH Not really that funny to me....

I had already done all that....

I ran a code on Monday that took 4 hours, I tried to run the same one and it would stop.... line 10920 and I would restart only to have it stop again later in the program at random... I was just running it in that air, no spindle in use...

I do not think it is the switches, the motors, the encoders, the galil, or anything else that Camsoft uses.. As in Camsoft I do not have this problem???

www.cravenpottery.com
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
Just wondering if there was anybody around me that might take a look? addy 6640 highway 52, Gillsville, Ga...

www.cravenpottery.com
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 04:55:11 PM »
Ok... I keep trying...

I just restarted the entire system and G0X10Y10Z.25 skips X and Y and only moves Z?

G0Y10 is nothing, but it does say "24 no sequence to begin d" I think this is correct, it may be a little off but thats pretty much what is says.. Next time I am out there I'll WRITE it down....

www.cravenpottery.com

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 08:53:34 PM »
I still have Camsoft installed, the machine runs in the same manner as before the installation of Mach with camsoft...

I had already done all that....

I'm a little cofused. Do you have Camsoft on the same PC as Mach? Not sure but thinking this may be part of the trouble, just thinking about both drivers maybe conflicting with one another.

Do you have another PC you can install Mach on to test with?

Brett

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 09:02:25 PM »
I do have them on the same computer BUT... When you close Camsoft it completely closes, just like smart term, or wsdk... As if you were to try and run any two of those there would be a huge confilct..

And no because of the 100pin pci card....

www.cravenpottery.com
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 10:57:43 PM »
Hello,
You should be able to have both controllers on the same machine (I have seen it work in the past :) ). So the question is , what in the heck is going on!.. Could you please do a few test for me and we will see if you have settings that are in your Galil but are not burned into the eprom. Please power down for a minimum of 5 min and restart the system Try to run mach3 and do some MDI moves. Now shutdown Mach3 and start Camsoft and then close Camsoft. Run mach3 again (do not restart the computer) Will to run now? if so that may be a mode being set in the Galil...

Now one more thing, what do you have for a Galil? By any chance would this happen to be a 21XX ethernet board :)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 07:09:46 AM »
I have a 18x2 4 axis..

Ill try in a few minutes...

www.cravenpottery.com