Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:23:50 AM

Author Topic: Coil winding machine ( Wizard needed)  (Read 254706 times)

Re: Coil winding machine ( Wizard needed)
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2006, 12:30:51 PM »
HI,

Please, help. Mine does not work. I mean it is a black screen with few lines, few windows with some values there but nothing else from the picture attached in the archive. Now, all other screens I downloaded and talked about in my previous reply are working, just I have some issues which are probably related with resolution that the size is smaller than the display window. What I done was I just extracted the set file to Mach3 dir and then opened with Load screen command. Could, you, please, advice what I can do?

Thank you.

Zoltan
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »
Hi Scott

Hope I am not to late for the reply. My spam filter nabed your mail.
Let me know if I am still in the running.

Thanks
Deon
If A is a success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z.
                               Work is X: Y is play and Z is keeping
                                                             your mouth shut.

ynneb

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2006, 10:44:28 PM »
Zoltan, make sure the coil winder folder is in the bitmap folder of mach3 and the coilwinder.set is in the mach3 folder
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2006, 12:52:58 AM »
Aha....OK. I did not put the folder in bitmap folder, only the set file in Mach3 dir. THANK YOU.

Zoltan
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2006, 02:28:53 AM »
Hi,

Thank you again. Now I can see it (the screen) but I do not know how it works. If I modify something in wizard area when I go to the next window it reset to previous value. I could not generate any code and it seems that I can not setup it and it does not control. Could someone help me again with few guidelines? I adapted my first hobby cnc machine to winding coils machine and I would like try to make some coils.

Thank you.

Zoltan
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2006, 02:48:09 AM »
Hi

Sad to say I graciously lost the race for the coil winder :-\ Dam..........
Good luck to you jemmye ,Hope you enjoy!

Thanks
Deon
If A is a success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z.
                               Work is X: Y is play and Z is keeping
                                                             your mouth shut.

ynneb

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2006, 06:58:57 AM »
Good luck to you jemmye ,Hope you enjoy!
We are all looking forward to seeing how Jemmye's software engineering experience will help us all.
Thanks for volunteering to carry the torch.
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2006, 09:45:26 AM »
Hello,

One of the points of an open source hardware / software project is to produce COMPLETE specs for the design.  I hope to have drawings made of the winder as it exists soon after it arrives.  That, and a parts list (MSC probably) will allow Deon (maybe possum) to make one too!

I will initially continue with the wizard as it was put together, then probably start changing things as we discuss here what the many goals will be.  I will be happy to accept any and all wishlists, but those related to electric guitar pickups and tube amplifier transformer coils will get first look, those being my personal interests.

-James
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2006, 08:55:16 AM »
Hi,

Can somebody help me? It is very frustrating. I do not know how to use the screen. I can open it, see it, but I can not setup it and I can not generate the code and of course no movement. Please, help. I would like to see it working even if it is not doing right things but at least working as in the video.

Thank you.

Zoltan
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2006, 02:42:27 PM »
Hi,

Can somebody help me? It is very frustrating. I do not know how to use the screen. I can open it, see it, but I can not setup it and I can not generate the code and of course no movement. Please, help. I would like to see it working even if it is not doing right things but at least working as in the video.

Thank you.

Zoltan

Hi,

Just enter 4 parameters: 'Set spool width', 'Set amount of turns', 'Set wire gauge' and 'set max wind speed' then push the 'standard left to right button' and it's associated LED will light up.  You can then press the 'generate winding code' button to get GCODE for those parameters.

BE SURE to press the enter key after typing in each parameter or it won't be made permanent in the edit control.

-James