Hello Guest it is November 12, 2019, 11:31:25 PM

Author Topic: Y axis moving in the wrong direction  (Read 657 times)

Y axis moving in the wrong direction
« on: October 01, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »
I am brand new to cnc machines and I just set up the SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Router Machine 3018-MX3, with Mach3 Control. I am running Window 7 pro 64-bit. After setting up and installing software the Z-axis and X-axis are moving in the right direction, however the Y axis is moving in the wrong direction; when the workbench moves back towards the Y-axis stepper motor my read-out is – minus numbers and when I move away from the stepper motor its reading + numbers. This is after Sainsmart customer service sent me a pdf file for how to correct the problem. I went in to configuration, ports & pin, and then motor outputs as instructed in the pdf sainsmart sent and made the correct changes but the Y axis is still moving in the wrong direction? Can anyone help me with this? Enclosed is the pdf instructions they sent me…

Thank you,
DesCas

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,984 7,984
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Y axis moving in the wrong direction
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 01:18:40 AM »
As mentioned in your attached .pdf file - changing the Direction Low Active state of an axis (and saving the changes) will cause that axis to move in the opposite direction.

It is a bit confusing because the correct direction is really the direction the TOOL moves in relation to the work and if you have a moving table then the table has to move in the opposite direction to achieve this.

Hope this helps.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Re: Y axis moving in the wrong direction
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 10:23:49 AM »
Thank you… that makes sense now. I did learn how to change directions but for the time being I’m going to leave it as is. I have much to learn...