Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:49:07 AM

Author Topic: Coil winding machine ( Wizard needed)  (Read 254538 times)

Re: Coil winding machine ( Wizard needed)
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2006, 04:15:47 AM »
Hi,

Thank you. I have found out the issue. I did not press the ENTER before.

Zoltan
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2006, 11:31:17 AM »
Hello!

The coil winder arrived yesterday!  Thanks to Patanke for his true generosity.  The first steps I want to take are to document the current design for the group with drawings and a parts list.  I can start playing with software as soon as I get it hooked up to a computer.  My house is in a total mess now due to an almost complete room addition which included a rebuild of my workshop.  The winder will have residence in my office since it is a clean running device unlike my other CNC routers and lathes.

-James
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2007, 06:00:30 AM »
Hi,
Have you made the drawings and parts list for the winder
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2007, 01:46:21 PM »
Hi, I just noticed this post!

I am working on getting my workshop useable again this weekend.  My fiancee arrived from China and she is now my wife.  There have been a LOT of things to do over the holidays, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

-James

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2007, 02:00:55 PM »
Congratulations.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
congrats as well
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2007, 10:46:52 AM »
Hi Benny,
Just wanted to know if you had a version of this screen I could play.  I have a spooling machine I use now with nc code.
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2007, 12:05:59 AM »
Hello all.

I’m designing / building a large machine which will operate very much like the coil winder currently in development.

My machine will wind and spot weld a wire onto mandrel holding other wires axially on its perimeter. The mandrel will remain stationary, and the axial wires will be pulled out of the mandrel (as a unit) as the wire is wound on.

It will look like a lathe (ie. Operator controls on the left, workpiece in front), and build up to 40” diameter x 16 foot long workpieces.  Similar machines in existence helically wind/weld heavy wire onto concrete column rebar cages, but I need to be more precise, like .063” wire at .070” pitch, for example

When I saw the Mach screen for the coil winder, it struck me that this looks very close to my desired interface. I had planned to use “real” buttons, counters, displays, etc, but it seems that Mach and a suitable touch-screen should be able to simulate all of that.

Trouble is: I have zero knowledge of how to adapt/change the Mach screens and coding to suit my needs.

Is anyone out there prepared to help me with this? (I am not necessarily asking for a volunteer here)

Thanks!

KevinW.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2007, 11:46:49 PM »
Kevin,

Yes, I can help you on a screen.

I can do proffessional services for you.

Email at:    poppabear@hughes.net

Scott Shafer
fun times
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2007, 02:21:51 PM »
Hi Guys

What is required to change Mach 3 to work as the Coil Winder? What directory do you install the Screen File in? What else needs to be changed to make it work? I am interested in seeing how it works and possibly building a Coil Winding machine. Thanks for your help.

Willy