Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:36:28 AM

Author Topic: Coil winding machine ( Wizard needed)  (Read 254560 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: Coil winding machine ( Wizard needed)
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2006, 03:23:50 PM »
Yes, that's right, you already have the correct hardware there as the spindle is a stepper or servo. Just an addition to the basic program would do it, with the additional input on the display. Now if I could just get a post for CAM to wind a prop blade....
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2006, 10:39:13 PM »
You guys are going to Kill me  ;D
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2006, 02:16:53 PM »
I have Emailed Deon for his address, as long as it is in the USA, and he responds to my email I'll send it to him as he was the first to respond. Other wise its jemmyell's.

For those who offered to buy it, I appreciate the offer, but consider this to be an open source release. Use it,  develop it, copy it, when you get tired of the winder give it to some one else who can continue the effort. I "bit" at Brian's offer that if someone would build it he would code it FOR FREE! , but now I have moved on, My offer is to pass on the work I have done to the next torch bearerFOR FREE. My implied expectation is that they will take my offer and continue the circle of development. I hope the rest of you following the thread stay on top of whoever receives it like they did me, hopefully the gentle proding will keep the next developer on track. Hopefully they will continue the circle of good will and pass it on FOR FREE when they are done with it.

Second since it is a free work in progress, it is up to the receiver not to shock and kill your self, or pinch your finger, windup your little sisters hair, or the dogs tail ..... You all get the idea.

Besides, building a large,  20 foot or so, servo driven filament winder is still on my project list (Its a long list) but it is still there. I hope to come back to the development in the future and continue to expand the circle.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:19:26 PM by patanke »
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2006, 02:56:32 AM »
Hi,

Sorry for dumb question but where is the program which is running the winding machine from video clip? I mean the final version of this program.

Thank you,

Zoltan

ynneb

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2006, 04:20:53 AM »
Good question Zoltan. :)
From my understanding Patanke has the beta, that was written by Brian Barker, using my screen set, at the convention.
Patanke says he doesnt know what to upload. Brian says he doesnt have a copy. I never made a prototype machine as promised.

I think we have made two steps forward and one step bacwards. We have seen a proof of concept made, but are no closer to having a public domain beta.

I think this project will eventually happen, but it will be a slow process.
I have done as much as I can do, by making the screen set, but do not know how to program it.
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2006, 02:52:56 PM »
I think I found the file everyone has been looking for and fixed the link on my sight.

http://www.scottyanke.com/coil.html

Can some one load it and tell me if it was the right one.
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2006, 05:30:06 AM »
Hi,

It seems that it does not work for me. I have tried also silverblue screen and pink screen. The silverblue does not work either, but pink screen does work. What do you think I did wrong something?

Thank you.

Zoltan

ynneb

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 09:12:15 AM »
Thanks for fixing the link on your site Patanke.
I have downloaded it and given it a test. It is great to see it work by entering all the setting and then getting it to generate the code.
Now we have a alpha version again we can edit it from here.
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 10:43:07 AM »
I'm Glad it worked. If you start editing you'll notice  a .7 of an inch (i think) modifier added to the code. This is so that I could home the machine by stalling it on the right side reset the dro's and start winding. The code I have also stops the spindle via a .00001 (i think) move in reverse between passes. This was because running full speed with the tubing I needed a delay to allow the x axis to decelerate and accelerate. With out the delay the z would get out of sinc with the x. Both of these were departures from Brains original code. Do responce from Deon... an email has been sent to jemmyell
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 11:26:37 AM »
And jemmyell has replied to that email!

Thanks for the consideration.  The machine will be modified by adding a faceplate to which a guitar pickup bobbin can be mounted.  I have been
anticipating making a manual winder for a while now, so I have all the supplies for several types of guitar pickup in storage.  I can start software work ASAP.

-James