Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:30:38 AM

Author Topic: CS Labs CSMIO/P-A  (Read 51101 times)

Re: CS Labs CSMIO/P-A
« Reply #350 on: September 17, 2018, 02:45:06 PM »
Hood/ Craig
Tried inverting the encoder signals and still the same. Any thoughts?

I cant index the machine. The limit switches work fine but when I send the axis home it's ignoring them and the motor doesn't stop.
I also can't control the speed of homing. Even if I have it at 1% its way too fast. I had to put the max velocity to approx 100mm min to slow it down. Then its still fairly fast.

Mick  
« Reply #351 on: September 17, 2018, 03:10:16 PM »
Hi,

I cant index the machine. The limit switches work fine but when I send the axis home it's ignoring them and the motor doesn't stop.
I also can't control the speed of homing.
These are Mach issues...don't worry about those until you have got the CSMIO and servo/drive loop sorted.

You should be able to issue MDI commands of the type G0 X100, G0 X0 etc. Can and does the CSMIO close the loop accurately and using the software
scope of the CSMIO what does the step error look like?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2018, 03:25:37 PM »
Hi

Its impossible to give commands through the MDI when the axis is moving as soon as its enabled. I've tried autotuning the CSMIO and there is a step error but the axis position is always 0. I believe this is because the axis has not been set to 0 (Homed)

I need to eliminate the axis moving once enabled to be able to try any movements through the MDI. Whilst autotuning the axis is going mad jumping around with large movements unlike what it did when tuning the DC drives. This couldn't be anything to do with steps per revolution being way off could it?

Mick
« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2018, 04:37:37 PM »
Hi,
take the belt off so the axis doesn't move.

You have yet to devise a means of establishing the the synthesized encoder signals from the
drive are indeed being correctly generated.

If you refuse to put the drive in position mode then I can't help you devise any strategy.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 17, 2018, 04:41:18 PM »
With the drive disabled and in the plugin PID tuning page , do you see the encoder counts increasing/decreasing when you manually rotate the motor?

« Reply #355 on: September 17, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »
Hi
Will check in the morning.
Mick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 18, 2018, 03:04:05 AM »
You shouldn't really even need to go into the Plugin page to see as the position in Mach should change as you rotate the motor but the plugin would probably be better.

If you do see it move in the plugin then check how many counts it sees per rev and see if that coinsides with the value you have entered in the Axis page in the plugin.

If that all checks out you could try pressing the DAC offset button to see if that will hold the axis steady.

« Reply #357 on: September 18, 2018, 06:23:18 AM »
Hi

Adjusting the DAC offset has solved the motor running away.  ;) Now stands still. Set this at 0.04

With the drive disabled, turning the motor shaft gives no reading either in the CSMIO PID or Mach. The axis digits flicker from 0 to 1 but nothing more.  :(

Mick 
« Reply #358 on: September 18, 2018, 10:39:43 AM »
Good News :)

Striped the Cn1 plug back to check the encoder wiring and I had connected A+ to pin 20 instead of pin 22 ::)

The DRO in Mach and in the PID are now working correctly.

Bad News.

Still unable to home the axis. The home switch is not being seen. If I run a program through the MDI Mach gets to the desired position and stops but the motor continues moving.?

Mick
« Reply #359 on: September 18, 2018, 02:17:56 PM »
Great news ;D ;D

Autotuned the CSMIO and bingo. All working spot on. The first autotune was done with the servo drive on a low max rpm. Everything worked great until I tried to raise the velocity in Mach to a sensible speed. Loads of vibration. Adjusting the max rpm in the drive made no difference.

Set the drive to max rpm of 1000 which give me 5m minute and re-autotuned the CSMIO. No issues at all. Home switches work and runs programmes through the MDI no problem.

I presume the tuning uses the limits set within the drive?

Thanks, Craig and Hood for spending time on this. Its well appreciated.

I'll fit the X-axis now. LOL ;)

Cheers
Mick