Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:43 PM

Author Topic: CS Labs CSMIO/P-A  (Read 51073 times)

Re: CS Labs CSMIO/P-A
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2018, 06:05:42 PM »
Hi Mick,

Are you using an Allen Bradley motor to match your drive?
Yes, emphatically yes.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2018, 06:10:29 PM »
Hi Mick,
I notice the Kinco motors in 1kW are 130mm frame, might pay to check they will fit in.
Also they are slower, one 5Nm@2000rpm and the other 10Nm@1000 rpm.

Note also that Kinco do 20 bit absolute encoders which I don't think will be compatible with the CSMIO,
choose the model carefully or you will end up having to replace the analogue controller with a step/direction unit whether
you like it or not.

Craig.
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »
Hi Mick,
you might also consider second hand, thats how I got my servo. I got it, 1.8kW and matching
DSD020 drive for $800NZD, about $550US, including freight. Note this unit was already in New Zealand
otherwise the freight could have been another $150US. I had to buy/make the cables, not insubtantial,
don't overlook them if you are buying. Good cables and connectors are essential and good ones aren't cheap.

This thing does 6.2Nm continous at 3500rpm and can position to less than 5 arc min and accelerate to 3500rpm
from standstill in under 2 sec. Its almost too good for a mere spindle motor but I wanted the torque and AC servos
are about the highest 'torque density' out there. I can bury a 16mm four flute mill tool in 316 stainless to the extent
my machine flexes before the servo stalls. It KICKS ANUS!!!

Craig

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2018, 07:56:28 AM »

Note also that Kinco do 20 bit absolute encoders which I don't think will be compatible with the CSMIO,
choose the model carefully or you will end up having to replace the analogue controller with a step/direction unit whether
you like it or not.

Craig.
That probably won't matter as the drives will have emulated outputs which are compatible, same as the Telemecanique drives I use on the Chiron, encoders are Sine/Cosine but feedback output from the drive is standard A B Z. In fact your Allen Bradleys do the same, quite a few of the AB motors I use are Sine/Cosine and the dives can output A B Z.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2018, 08:22:32 AM »
Welcome back Hood.
PEACE
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2018, 08:26:38 AM »
Thanks Craig for the info.

Hood

What Telemecanique drives are you using? The reason I ask is my wife works for Schneider Electric and we can buy any of there products at cost.

Cheers
Mick
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
Hi,
I work in he electrical industry and have been offered Schneider Electric drives, probably not at cost but at a great discount on the list price.
They look like great units but are still two and three times more than Delta and DMM.

The sad reality is that US, European and Japanese drives are very expensive, even second hand are still more than Delta and DMM are new.

Great to hear from you Hood. I seem to recall that there was a bloody big golf game in your neck of the woods last week.....you didn't get hit on the head
with a golf ball did you? ;)

Craig

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »
Thanks Tweakie but just temporarily back, possibly be in now and then.

Mick
 They are Lexium 05's but when I bought them second hand (only a few hours at most powered time) they were already a discontinued model. I think the Lexium 32's took over from them.

Craig
 PITA, roads all closed, no parking etc etc, glad I live at he opposite end of town and doubly glad it has finished.
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2018, 10:46:01 AM »
Hi All

Thanks Hood.

Just been looking at the Lexium 28 with BCH2 motors from Telemecanique.

I can get this 1kw drive for £221 inc vat. https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/servo-drives-controls/1110812/

The 750w servo motors for £138.00 inc vat   https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/servo-motors/1110822/?sra=pmpn

I think its a no-brainer really as far as switching to Ac servos.

Craig

You suggested in your previous post my Sem motors were probably rated at around 900watts continuous. Could you have a look at the link above to see if you think that particular motor may be suitable?

Cheers
Mick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2018, 11:36:27 AM »
I don't recall the motor details but SEM DC servos are usually around 2-2500rpm so if that is the case and I reckoned they were about 900 watt then that would mean continuous torque torque would be about 3.5-4Nm.
The motors linked are 750W so down on power but if you geared them so as to be around the same max rpm as the SEM then the torque would be getting close, Also you have huge overheads for short times with AC servos so yes I think they should be ok.