Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:55:40 PM

Author Topic: Novice to Mach3, may be asking too much??  (Read 19141 times)

Re: Novice to Mach3, may be asking too much??
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »
Thank you Hood.
Your generosity with your time is priceless.
I'm away with work for a while now, so progress is hampered, but gives me opertunity to sketch out all my circuit modifications.
Do any of your own machines run 'conventional' controls or have you converted them all now?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2016, 05:24:59 PM »
I have Mach on all my machines, the two that I bought that were still running, the big lathe and the Beaver mill had old controls. The one on the lathe only had LCD lines for X and Z,  it was a GE1050 control. The Beaver was a Heidenhain 145 which could only MDI one axis at a time.

Here is the lathe I bought, you can see a pic or two of the GE control

Hood
Novice to Mach3, may be asking too much??
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2016, 09:50:07 AM »
Sorry for falling off the face of the earth. Summer holidays and busy times at work have meant I've barely turned the key in the workshop door for months! Hope normal service will resume now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2017, 01:39:12 PM »
New to the forum,but also recently acquired a romi ez path lathe. Would be very interested to hear how your conversion is progressing
Novice to Mach3, may be asking too much??
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 01:45:24 PM »
It was going really well until life got in the way. -work / family etc. I hope to complete on next 2 months. Recommend the CS labs gear for compatibility with existing hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2017, 02:11:52 PM »
Had a look at my romi lathe today. Comes up with an error saying the emergency stop switch activated. Checked switches and cable in cable ladder at the back of the bed. All good. Will check the 24v supply,but think it might be a candidate for a retro fit. Never done anything like that before. Might need a bit of guidance. That Csmio set up looks pretty good. How much wiring is involved,or is it fairly plug and play? Any advice gratefully received
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2017, 03:22:47 PM »
Would you mind posting up some photos of your install so far? Had a look at what's in the Romi control box and it's making a lot more sense having looked at the wiring diagram and having had a mosey around the csmio ipa manual. What are your plans regarding the spindle? Planning on controlling the speed via vfd,or just sticking with the speeds available with the gearbox and the two sets of windings in the motor?