Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:37:25 PM

Author Topic: Screen Set Ideas  (Read 184603 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Set Ideas
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2014, 12:55:40 PM »
Now to figure a way to get a remote LCD display. Would like Ethernet for control and display. Anyone have suggestions and/or examples Huh   Maybe something like Peter Homann, ModIO only TSP Ethernet as opposed to serial.

Arduino with Ethernet shield and LCD

Scott
fun times
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2014, 02:38:43 PM »
Had to make some upgrades to the mpg buttons, as only having three encoders available I had to come up with a way to map and limit the selections.  It is amazing how much coding and time goes into a compare and limit routine. So the top set of buttons are used, double duty I can map an encoder to any one of the axis's or I can add an encoder and map more than one encoder for each selected axis. Each button basically has one line of code that just passes the data to the functions() and they check status and conditions and sort out the details.

The bottom buttons are mapped for the 1-3 encoders x-z and then a-c same encoders numbers, but choosing a like encoder turns off the other associated mapped axis that might have been selected. Hope that makes sense, cause it was a pita to get straight.  ::)

Using color coding helped for the three encoders I can map an axis to the encoder and visual see whats active and know what encoder to use

Also pressing any one of the buttons puts it in the MPG mode.  Pressing Jogmode turns off all the mapping.

Starting coding for Shuttle Mode, but find its not ready for prime time. Hope one of the next few revisions will address that issue and I can finish this.

Lua is  >:D  but it does do some functional things very fast.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:54:05 PM by Ya-Nvr-No »
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »
Sorry had to move this, Scott did not want me to post this in his thread. Asked me to remove it.   :'(
whatever  ???

Cool, thanks guys
Added them to a panel script and used the fit too feature (that Freeman & Scott wrote)

now to get them associated to actual movement

Here are the images at 100x100
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2014, 08:44:18 AM »
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2014, 11:30:45 AM »
As a heads up to all:
Noticed that the machine units DRO display in the setup units only.

I had set up Mach4 in inch and MDI changed using g21 (metric) to run a test program. Found that I needed to create a new popup Wizzard that displays the Fixture & Machine DRO's in the units I am running in. As a side note also found that using the Jog Step feature increments to the setup units, so I guess I will have to address that by using a scaling function.

Scott suggested I compute to a more accurate value then the standard 25.4 (thou my wood don't seem to care  ::))

local metricval = 25.4000508001016
if (defaultunits == 200 and currentunits1 == 210) then
    WriteReg("iRegs0/XMachineValue", XMachineVal*metricval); --convert to metric
    WriteReg("iRegs0/YMachineValue", YMachineVal*metricval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/ZMachineValue", ZMachineVal*metricval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Xvalue", Xval*metricval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Yvalue", Yval*metricval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Zvalue", Zval*metricval);
elseif (defaultunits == 210 and currentunits1 == 200) then
    WriteReg("iRegs0/XMachineValue", XMachineVal/metricval); --convert to inch
    WriteReg("iRegs0/YMachineValue", YMachineVal/metricval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/ZMachineValue", ZMachineVal/metricval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Xvalue", Xval/metricval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Yvalue", Yval/metricval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Zvalue", Zval/metricval);
else
    WriteReg("iRegs0/XMachineValue", XMachineVal);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/YMachineValue", YMachineVal);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/ZMachineValue", ZMachineVal);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Xvalue", Xval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Yvalue", Yval);
    WriteReg("iRegs0/Zvalue", Zval);
end

This had a fixture offset of x=1" y=1" just to check values
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:32:21 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
Looks like TCP modbus, Ardrino Ethernet and the MPG's will work  8)
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »
I'm now letting the Arduino do all the tracking and just passing the results thru Modbus for the mpg's

In this case using 0.001 per step 18 clicks gives me 0.018 increments Changing the step increment, automatically updates the step value for all mpg's

now to get the other two mpg's hooked in with the switches and LCD on the remote enclosure.

Lot of reading, coding and trial and error in this adventure.  ;D
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2014, 02:03:16 PM »
Oooooooo... nice.  An ethernet based panel with keybooard, switches, MPGs and DRO outputs running off a BeagleBoardBlack was on my wish list.  Nice to see it can be done.
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »
With plugins coming out for the various hardware platforms, it seems like Mach4 is about to become usable by people who don't want to code.  I have a lathe that I am in the midst of a conversion on - a gang tool style lathe.  I am wondering if it would make sense to skip Mach3 and go to Mach4.  I am posting in this thread because it seems like all that is missing is a turning screen.  Am I right?  Is there one available yet?   I am hoping for a touchscreen screen.
Thanks,

Bill
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:52:49 PM by yahuie »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2014, 04:46:40 PM »
There are no plugins yet, and I'd guess that it would be several more months before the bugs are worked out of them?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html