Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 03:05:38 AM

Author Topic: Screen Set Ideas  (Read 184920 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Set Ideas
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2014, 12:11:34 AM »
lua is not all that hard to do it just when you have to have bits in other places that makes it hard I have done a couple of codes they worked in the Editor but don't work in the screen because of the other bits need in other places.

most of what you will wont to be in screen sets will be there soon there is only 1 more thing I wont to add and that's a laser zero for x and y

there are other people working on screen sets that will be as good as what Craig is doing for his self

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #271 on: December 31, 2014, 07:30:05 AM »
there are other people working on screen sets that will be as good as what Craig is doing for his self

Where are these people? I read every post here and on the Yahoo Group, and if anyone is working on screensets, they're not talking about it.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 31, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »
most of what you will wont to be in screen sets will be there soon there

I hope to live long enough to see a functional finished Mach4 Lathe screen..........!  ;D  ::)

RICH
« Reply #273 on: December 31, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
Where are these people? I read every post here and on the Yahoo Group, and if anyone is working on screensets, they're not talking about it.

What  ??? I've seen posts of Pattons and popparbears screen sets read about Freeman, Nick and others working with Lua and Screens  
They are all probably learning by doing and don't want the exposure. (starting to wonder why I do,  ;) ) Its going to be years to get where Mach4 is the "standard", if ever, all depends on the new breed of CNC users and/or savvy people that can take the ball and run. It's still in the early stages, everyone seems to expect something different. Give it some time, learn a little every time you play. Life is frustrating, but you don't give up and :'(

"There's no crying in CNC"   ::)
« Reply #274 on: January 01, 2015, 07:42:17 AM »
Happy New Year

woke up early to create a search function for text in the current loaded gcode file, place it under a button as a script.
does check for upper or lower case Text, but not for missing or additional characters
So a m6 and m06 are unique but a M6 and m6 are not
shows the line number found and the line string value in the history box
I needed this for my run from here function.

« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »
For all of us trying to learn Lua:
I came across a pretty good resource for some lua examples, some work right out of copy and pasting and some need some series work. But it gives you a new goto place to pick up some tid bits

http://www.wellho.net/mouth/1744_Lua-examples-Lua-Courses.html
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2015, 07:11:19 AM »
Inspired by an xls file Hood posted on the tool he created to calculate Speeds and Feeds (Thank You  ;)), I went back and updated the RPM Wizard I'd posted earlier. Altering an existing Wizard is a good way to teach yourself Lua. Make sure you save any edited code as a new file before you attempt to run it.

As a side note: I found that once a wizard screen has been displayed you really cant use the Debug Step feature, not sure if its a bug or inherent to Lua. So while testing expect a lot of crashes and restarts.  :-[
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »
Been wanting to do this for weeks, but just could not figure out how to format the text boxes, Finally figured it out, yep it's a PITA  :-X
the trick is you still have to create them, but you don't have to show them.

using "Al Lenz" excellent excel spreadsheet to help in stepper motor calculation. I made a Wizard that emulates its features.

this little adventure took another 20+ hours  >:D

The more I do this, the more I have greater admiration.  ;) Its a struggle.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2015, 06:16:36 AM »
Graig,
Good work on the stepper calc sheet.
Just a cloud above my head, but, would something similar be applicable for say the tool table shown?

RICH
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2015, 08:51:40 AM »
Thanks, I'm still working on it, added an auto calc (ticktimer, doesn't need a calc button anylonger), more fields and colors for input fields.

As far as the tool table; No reason why not but, The issue for me is, I still have not found a way to control the width of an individual field. Seems like I can set them all but not just one. Not like what I am use to at all, in that being able to place an object the screen where I want. Seems like everything is formatted to a grid pattern with no option. Hell I'm just learning by trying things and spending a lot of time searching on the net for little tidbits to glean from. One of these days the lite bulb will go off and I will start to understand Lua.

But a screen like you show might be easier to do by creating a tab and control group in mach4 then use mach4 registers to read and write too the DRO's. Then you can format the screen just like you show (at least close) and the data can be stored/accessed from the machine.ini file.

One thing I am learning to like about wizards are they can be accessed with or without mach4 running so any screen set that you happen to be using has full use, or they can be standalone popup utilities. Have to admit Lua is easier and cheaper than using VS C++ and creating plugins. But like anything there are tradeoffs. Five years from now and a C++ SDK is available with documentation so I can understand how widgits are included. I'm sure you will see some additional plugins that will be just what we desire.

I am getting convinced that mach4 has possibilities, but damn that cloud is up there for me too.  ::)

Update: Figured I'd include the Wizard image here, thanks again
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:17:35 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »