Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:13:41 AM

Author Topic: Screen Set Ideas  (Read 183783 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Set Ideas
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2014, 10:18:30 AM »
IF you just need something to do how about a TIME to next tool change button. THAT is a NICE one to have when you are a 1 man show. You can plan your time to match the tool changes or program end.

(;-) TP
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »
If you can tell me how i could compute/predict the future tool change.

Is that something your controllers do?

I use an output to turn on my stack light a few lines before it happens, or you could send it to your shock collar. ;D

Or schedule your naps better.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 01:53:38 PM »
Well actually YES it can tell me the time to the next tool change. It basically finds the next TC and gets the Line Numbers between where you are and where it ends and runs the sim to caluclate the time based on Feedrate and inches traveled.

Modern controllers are pretty high up on the Operator functions so do you want a Cadillac or a modelT .  Heck in mach3 we could find the next tool change and get the next tool #.

No nap for you, get busy. (;-)  TP
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »
What part of bend over and beware... are you missing? ;D

Now that your a Lua coder its up to you now, how you want create your wake up calls.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 03:21:41 PM »
Maybe a LUA Cobbler but NOT LUA coder.

I am still waiting for LUA "sockets" so I can do a "M4 Call Home" where it sends you an email to report errors/end of program.

AND YES we had it in MACH3.

I vote for a Cadillac , (;-) TP
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »
added a parts counter feature
created a M60 script some screen features and
added this to the end of the PLC script

partscounter = mc.mcCntlGetPoundVar(inst, 3901);
    scr.SetProperty('drovar3901', 'Value', tostring(partscounter));

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »
HIYA Craig,  looks good(;-)

Hopefully the parts counter will be an internal function that you do not have to create.

Unless Steve changed it the G65  E  local var #8 is a reserved word. Mach4 uses it for the EXP function.

I vote to send that # var script to Steve and let them put it in Mach4 permanantly.

(;-) TP

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »
Even in Fanuc you have options to set. they don't come in the door without needing set up
that's why most companies get it turnkey or have a written contract of all obligations, before final payment.
If your buying used, better know what questions to ask what options are on it and what to look for.
what parameter to look at to see what the backlash is set too, or the system & run hours, and then how to set the time and date using the parameters not the user screen. See the number of total parts ran, what the lube pump and conveyor time is set to. Its all in there its just a matter of knowing where and what it all means. that's why most of fanuc's books are close to an 1" thick and there are several. and they don't provide you all of the parameters descriptions or hardware interfaces. Or you get documentation that says one thing and you find out its a mistake. Good luck getting that corrected.

3901 is the parts counter
3902 is parts required
3000 Alarm
3001 Clock in ms
3002 Clock in hour

3011 is the year,month,day
3012 Hour, minute, second

(the problem is the pound variables are numbers and date and times are strings)
Will have to convert the date and time to a number and then back to a string so you know what it represents.
kind of like what I did to create the start and stop timer.

the M60 mcode will have to be created so it knows what variable to increment.
some way to reset the counter. A way to set parts required.
Other mcodes that you use to interface with other outputs or used as syncing codes with a gantry loader and palatalizing units
Spindle orientation, mcodes for spindle lock, lift stations, clamping, blowoffs, turnarounds, inspection interfaces, tail-stock quill movements, load cells, air & hydraulic sensors and the list goes on and on.

Months maybe years yet to go to be industrial ready. But it just might be your only option, have not heard anyone else take on an elephant this big for the hobbyist/home builder/oem

If nothing else it gives you something to do. hate to see anyone bored. ;D

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 02:35:54 PM »
The fanuc part counter does not require you to add any Mcodes to make it work. I believe it just counts the program M99's as they go by.I believe it also is cofigureable to count program m99s or Sub mm99s. Set the correct parameter.

The control manf does NOT know exactly how the OEM is going to set up their machines they just provide a MEANS to do so.

Trouble is we do not HAVE those Fanuc #vars (;-) or parameters .

As to set up YES you have to set the proper parameters BUT you do NOT have to write Scripts for your CNC functions THAT is done at the controll Manf.

Once the machine is setup ALL the OP has to do is program the Gcode and RUN the program to make parts
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:38:24 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »
all I can say I been doing controls for lot of years now and there is a mcode that has to get setup buts its up to you what you want to use.
I never use M99 for part counters, counter intuitive to functional programming. You might want to read the manual again, might be missing some real nice features. I have Fapladder and I can make it do anything i want too within reason its all about bits, ya have to love ladder.

The parameters are there, just not quite the same as this is a PC and not a PLC so they have not been address as of yet or can be quite the same.
And no matter their just a holding cell for information. Its up to you what you put in them. So if you dont want to follow Fanuc numbering system have at it.

thats why i get calls to come back and add features and I/O as they learn what the limitations are and want more functionality.

I have to write scrips to orient a chuck. their just called gcode. Still need to set some parameters that let the controller know what it need. Scripts to re-reference a paletalizer.

Different duck, Different quack but same crap in the end.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:49:47 PM by Ya-Nvr-No »