Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:26:02 AM

Author Topic: Screen Set Ideas  (Read 183782 times)

Screen Set Ideas
« on: May 06, 2014, 06:08:35 PM »
Thought Id show a couple screen ideas I am working on, so others might get some inspiration of their own.

Possibilities are endless.  8)
Re: Screen Set Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 06:21:21 PM »
Nice work! you are a mad man!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »
Thanks Brian and Steve
Your team has made it possible, its up to us to push, explore & create our own environment. Providing you with more work to keep up with our needs.
Get ready for grey or no hair ;D

Wanted to enlighten all, to the ability at looking at the root of the script, that is the Screen.set.

If you change the name of your screen set from dot set to dot zip
then Extract the zip file to a new folder you will find a folder named "images" with all the inserted graphic images

I find it easier to edit and add to the images folder this way.

You will also find a file called 'screen.xml"

The screen.xml file is the core of all the scripting code and the attributes of the controls. This file can be edited, it is a text file. Open with any xml editor or program that formats the file correctly and saves it as a text file. Make any edits you need or like. When done, select both the file and images folder and "Add to Archive" make them a zip file again. Rename the zip file back to the dot set extension.  You can put it back in the Screens folder, but I don't believe you have too.

Now to figure out how to merge two or more sets. My thinking is as individuals share their sets, and we would like to add some great features to our set. What is the best way to merge the data? Remember property device names can not be the same. And grouping is critical.

Image below shows a content clip of the xml file

Have Fun, keep exploring :)
Thanks again

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »
SAY WHAT ???????

(;-) TP

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:13:44 AM »
For the love of God don't manually edit screen sets!!!!!

That is a sure way to cause endless problems, seriously.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »
I learned this feature because I'd created an endless loop in the PLC Script and had to edit the xml file to make the screen set functional again.
Also used it to set position of buttons, led and dro's I find the the alignment features a pain at times. Would be nice if there was a nudge feature to move items using the arrow keys. Moving a selected group with a mouse is a bit touchy.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 12:04:42 PM »
HIYA Craig you must have never used SCREAM4 for screens this one is a piece of cake  ONCE you learn what buttons to push. Now there COULD be some improvements made to the Screen editor but we can cover that later on.

Good to know that it can be done though, (;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
Ya I thought this would be a great project for Klaus  the new version machscreen4
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
Got this idea from a great screen Illya created for his Modbus GUI interface  ;)

Made this to be a little more PLC Generic

Labels can be edited to suit future development.

Offline Illya

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 07:37:34 PM »
Got this idea from a great screen Illya created for his Modbus GUI interface  ;)

Made this to be a little more PLC Generic

Labels can be edited to suit future development.

I use the following lua script to toggle output buttons great for diagnostics to test if they work :)

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,27199.msg191959.html#msg191959