Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:22:54 AM

Author Topic: Old Dynapath System 10 upgrading to Galil CS 18420 ICM 2900 No idea on wiring???  (Read 51959 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Um no.  I think the drives will work as expected. 

Do you see the encoders creeping when in SmartTerm?  Try one motor at a time.

SHA

That command will enable the servo loop for the motor connected to the Galil A/X.  It should stop the motor drifting or the motor should oscillate, depending on the PID setting in the Galil.

MOA should disable the servo loop and allow drift.  If the motors drift without a command voltage from the Galil, then adjust the balance pot on that amp until th drift disappears.

Steve

Steve
Thank you, I got them to stop drifting when no signal is sent. I'll try your suggestion and report back.
It is still drifting unfortunately...  would it be easier to upgrade these dump servo controllers????
Also can anyone give me information on this spindle controller?

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
Nope.  I see a date of 84.  That is pre-internet for sure!  I think they were bought out by Fincor.  So maybe some Fincor docs might be applicable.

Steve
What do you suggest for my drifting x,y,z? They hold steady with no signal. Maybe new servo drives and a vfd would make my life easier...

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
Possibly.  But they should hod steady with SH.

The main thing is the Galil cannot hold them still if the encoders are not providing feedback.  So the encoders working properly is crucial!  And then the KP, KI, and KD Galil parameters need to be set as well.  The last I saw in your debug output was that they were set at stock values. 

So are the encoders working?

Go into the terminal and issue this:

DPA=0
SHA

This will set the encoder count to 0 for the motor on the Galil X axis and then activate the servo loop for that axis as well.  What you should see is the encoder count at or near zero.  If it is some wild out there value, then you don't have the encoders hooked up right.

Where are you located? 

Steve
California

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
Oh hell...  Too far for me then.  :(

Offline bubba

•  80 80
    • View Profile
Where are you Steve?

I am in Virginia very close to Washington DC.

Joe