Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 07:21:56 PM

Author Topic: Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1  (Read 69719 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »
Ok, hopefully you can get things sorted between you if he does still have them.

Hood
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 12:02:01 PM »
forbes is a good guy, he's posting me out the missing parts :D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »
Yes he is, just his memory isnt great, suppose that is because he is very old ;D
Hood
Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2013, 05:44:29 AM »
I made some progress last night. I removed the old kit from 1984

And went all 21st century with a touch screen

The pc I'm using only has a single DIMM slot, but I managed to find a single 1gb DIMM which worked :)

I installed mach3

I was just about to power up my lP-A controller, but noticed the power supply I purchased was AC and not DC :( I'll have to wait a few more days before configuring mach3.

I've still got to refit my servos and for the VFD, so plenty to get on with.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 06:55:08 AM »
Coming along fine, lucky you didnt power the CSMIO, not sure how it would have reacted but wouldnt think it would have been good.

Hood
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2013, 08:00:29 AM »
yes indeed, I check the invoice, I did order a dc supply, but the lack of + or - on the terminals gave it away.
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 05:24:45 PM »
Can anyone help with the pin outs on my muirhead vactric optical encoders??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 02:52:51 AM »
I would look up the pinout for the 7406N chip and see which is the VCC and Gnd, you then can trace the wires to see what they are. After that I would imagine you should be able to see which is  which regarding the A and B channel. I am sure I scoped this encoder for Forbes, so he may still have the info I gave him. Doesnt look like there is an Index on that encoder, it may be there just not wired up but really a scope would be the only way to test if that is the case.
Hood
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 06:30:41 AM »
Thanks Hood, forbes is looking around to see if he has a drawing still for this encoder, as I received two slightly different types from him. If not I'll have to see if anyone local has a scope I can borrow. My DVM shows freqency output, so I may be able to see something??

I tried to fit the servo motors last night, but first found that the PCD on the mounting flange was different, so I had to strip the end plate from my old motors onto the new motors. This went smoothly enough. I then tried to fit my pulley to the motors and found that the dia of the spindle on the new motor was slightly larger. I don't have a boring bar small enough to enlarge this on the lathe, so I've ordered a reamer to get the job done.

Had a few hours of pulling my hair out last night, didn't think this would be a smooth conversion. I'm sure all the effort will be worth it in the end.
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2013, 01:20:37 PM »
Sadly forbes was unable to help with the diagram for one of my encoders (photo above). I have worked out 5v and ground. Bit nothing else. I've noticed that the encoder or have 6 wires, while the others have 8. Is this going to be an issue?