Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:43:41 AM

Author Topic: Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1  (Read 69645 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2013, 01:23:20 PM »
Yes they are tiny, as mentioned I have never tried them but I have heard people say they are reasonable, hopefully they are just what you need although personally I would have stuck with the ones you had.
Hood
Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »
I only replaced the one on the z axis, the other encoder I purchased for the spindle

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2013, 02:04:29 PM »
Ah ok I thought you were replacing all of them.
You reckon you will get it doing something tonight?
Hood
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2013, 08:49:11 PM »
I did try, but failed. I have got mach3 seeing the e stop and homing switches. The encoders also work (if I manual move the servo's the position changes on the screen). I just can't see how to configure the servo outputs. Where do I set these options, as we haven't got an English manual??

also attached my config, does this look ok ish?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2013, 10:45:01 AM »
You configure the axes in the CSMIO plugin (Config menu then Plugins etc)
You need to enable the axes in Ports and Pins in Mach if I recall but dont need to set any ports or pins for them as thats done in the plugin.

Hood
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »
I'm not with the machine at the moment, so can't exactly remember the screens, however the motor screens looked like it was looking for stepper motor outputs and not analoge

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2013, 11:51:41 AM »
You still need to set up the motor tuning in Mach for the axes (not spindle though, its in the plugin) So for axes you need to work out your steps per unit, ie how many encoder pulses per mm and also your velocity and acceleration.
In the plugin itself is where you set the encoder input channel and analogue output channel, see screenshot. You also need to put your encoder count there as well for the index homing.
Hood
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2013, 04:44:37 PM »
Ok, it looks like I had to power power to relays to enable power to each servo drive. I've now done this, and things are moving!

I'm just starting with the x axis powered at the moment, and the table moved all the way over to the right,(the encoder is working too, as the DRO numbers where chaning) hitting the limit switch. I can hold down a button to enable power again, but it will not move the axis in the opposite direction. (to wear the homing switch is) I've tried jogging on the screen, or with my MPG, but it doesn't move.

How can I move the table in the opposite direction (towards the home switch)??

Thanks

Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »
If you either attach your xml here or send it via email I will see if I can find an issue in your config.
When you say you enabled and it moved, was that when you jogged or did it just move on its own? If it was on its own then probably one of two things. First is have you tuned the axis from the CSMIO plugin? Second, is if you have then it could be the encoder direction needs inverted (in plugin again) and that you have a hige following error set and thus it wasnt tripping.

Hood
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2013, 05:06:22 PM »
I've attached my config for you. I did try to tune the axis from the plugin, but it just kept moving without changing speed or direction, is this normal?

It was moving on it's own, jogging didn't appear to have any affect