Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 05:17:00 AM

Author Topic: Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1  (Read 69643 times)

Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:52 AM »
I tried inverting the encoder but it makes no difference.

I have also noticed that the axis all move on their own even before Mach3 running
It would appear that the ip-a module is always pushing -0.17v on outputs 0  - 5. Does this looks like it's an internal config issue on the ip-a and nothing todo with mach3??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I start Bridgeport Interact Series 1
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2013, 09:04:50 AM »
You should not get any movement at all until the drives are enabled and the enable signal should come from the CSMIO when you take Mach out of reset, so it sounds like you are not doing that.

You will always get some kind of signal on the analogue lines due to noise etc and it is the CSMIO's job to offset that and hold the axis stationary  whilst it is meant to be, that is what the DAC Offset button is used for, it sets up the offset.

Also are you sure you have the analogue signals connected to the channel you have defined in the CSMIO?
Hood
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure in using the correct outputs.
I'm connected to analog I/o pins 1&14, 2@15, 3&16.

If I leave the servo drives connected to the breakout block, and just disconcert the rs232 cable from the ip-a then the axis stops moving
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2013, 10:56:02 AM »
Ok, I'm getting closer now. I wound the y axis all the way out which gave me enough time to press power enable, reset and start. The motor tuning starts but after about 1 min a breaker in my machine trips.

Also I've noticed that the Dro is out, if I move the axis 150mm it changes 300 on the screen, not sure if this is related?

Here is a photo of the breaker which trips. Is it safe to adjust it??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2013, 01:25:25 PM »
Ok are these the original motors or the ones from Forbes?
If the latter then you may need to tune the drives to motors.

How have you got the enables to the drives connected, is it via the IP-A?

Regarding the overload, if it is the original motors you have it should not need adjusted, presuming of course the overload is for the motors?

Try the DAC first before you try tuning to see if that stops the drift.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »
Also what is the gearing between motor and screw?
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2013, 01:38:53 PM »
Ok I just looked at your xml, you do not have the enables connected via the CSMIO, you must have that or you will not have any control over the motors whilst Mach is in reset.
Hood
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2013, 01:51:02 PM »
These are all the motors supplies by forbes, How do I go about tuning the drives to motors??

I havn't got  the drives enabled via the ip-a, this was my next quetions, assuming I just use any spare digital output for each of the drives, how do I configure this in mach3?

I try the DAC offset, but when I press the button, nothing happens. Should I measure the voltage accros the pins and try to enter manually?

The gearing between the motor and the screw I guess is 2:1 12 tooth on the motor, 24teeth on the screw. One revolution of the motor is 2.5mm on the axis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2013, 01:59:54 PM »
Did I find a pdf for you that detailed tuning? or am I thinking of someone else?

You must have the enables via the CSMIO or you will, as I said in the last post, not have any control over the motors when the CSMIO/Mach is in reset.
You can do it two ways, you can choose to use the enables in Mach and just assign the pin and port or you can do it in the plugin itself, there is an option there for setting up enable. You can just have the one output to enable all drives.

Ok Gearing seems fine as I presume you have 5mm screws so that equates to 2000 steps per mm, so not sure why you are seeing double.
Hood
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »
You found this for me:
http://www.pennineuk.com/library/pdf/boschZ15Manual.pdf

Is that tuning??

So do the enable outputs all get switched on when reset is pressed??

I'll connect these up now if that's the case.