Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:42:30 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Problems - Rant!!  (Read 50531 times)

Re: Mach3 Problems - Rant!!
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »
http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCServoTuning.htm -  this Guy says under how the "Pro's" do it section: " OK, now let's see how the other half lives, the "pro" half, because they often use better means of tuning than ear. Many pro-quality motion controllers and servo drives have a tuning display built right in that shows graphs like what I've shown. Some even have a self-tuning mode so you never need to tune manually. " - I think he have the self-tuning one possibly?:P

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2011, 10:30:53 AM »
I think he have the self-tuning one possibly?:P

Yes as I mentioned earlier if you read the manual there is a section on tuning which includes the auto tuning.
The drives I have also have auto tuning, I have found that they get things close but I can always tweak them a bit better manually but the auto tune is a good starting point. My drives software has an oscilloscope built in which helps a great deal with the manual tuning, not sure if yours does.
Hood
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2011, 04:46:35 AM »
I found out ours also have a oscilloscope build it, they double checked it and made all axis 10% "stiffer" to prevent possible back-lash - but it did not make any difference at all:/ They might have figured out why the spindle only starts up 75% of the time, say it might be a wiring problem, so will re-wire it. Going to reinforce the Z with a thinker back plate if the problem is coming from that side and then retest again on Monday:)
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2011, 06:10:02 AM »
Hi Marius

Where are you from?
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2011, 12:28:39 AM »
I just read your frustration, and don't know how much you have read into the manual for Mach3. I would find out if the travel direction is correct. PLUS is quill up. MINUS is quill down. if the setting is correct then check the Negative and Positive signs in front of your numbers in the "G" code printout.
Also find out when you set up your (Stock Set-up)  as to where is your ZERO if you choose the bottom part, then you will only travel in the POSITIVE direction (UP). If you choose the top of the part as your starting point ,then you will have to put NEGATIVE value so the quill will go DOWN. Hope I didn't make the situation any worse.
Good luck.
John

Offline Pinky

•  48 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »
Ok finally got the cable to connect to the servo's for tuning.

I've attached the parameters page for the tuning as they are currently. But before I can start editing settings we first need to do some reading as to what most of them actually do.

Any input would be appreciated on the current settings :)

PS: camarillojohn : I understand what you trying to say and everything is right in that area, thanks!

Offline Pinky

•  48 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
Oops I forgot to mention that all the axis settings are exactly the same, hence only the one parameter page.

PS : Can't seem to find the button to edit my previous post :(
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2011, 08:17:11 AM »
One more thing, the Z axis sometimes moves DOWN instead of up when we hit zero all axis, now come the hell on, what the hell man!?!? I can't baby the damn machine ahole day, if I punch in a command I expect it to follow it now only follow it some times?!?! how can a person work like that?

oh, before I forget, the Spindle only start up 75% time.

These sound like hardware troubles. What comes to mind is bad connections on the DIRECTION signal to the Z drive and spindle forward.

Does the DRO for the Z axis confirm the spindle is going down instead of up when you hit REF ALL HOME? I am assuming you mean REF ALL HOME since ZERO ALL AXIS should cause no moment.

Darek

Hi Derek, you were right about the Spindle, it was a connection error, but now we are facing a new challenge, it don't want to start up if it's below or at 8000 rpm, any ideas why that would be?
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2011, 08:50:04 AM »
DOes it do this on EVERY small sharp corner?  IF so then LOOK to the servo tuning, too much overrun will do it every time. The servo will overun the position and then back up to correct.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

BT5000, Do you think the over run is on the x or y or Z? or a combination of 2 or all 3? We all geared up to start fiddling with the settings now>:)
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
If you look at the error on the corner, it must be going to far rather than a under run? So if we want to make it closer to a under run how will we go about doing so?