Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:26:36 PM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 358292 times)

Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2016, 04:00:57 PM »
Dan, just take a look at a tatoo drawer, it´s exactly where i took my idea, and afterwards I took of the spring and used magnets. there is a coil(electric) on one end, and is sided by two powerfull neodimium magnets, this gives the movement, in the oher side , before the diamond tip i had a spring, now i have 4 smaller neodimium magnets, that always repels themselves.I pluged the coil in a stepper driver , shutting both a+ and B+ in one side and both a- and b- in the other wire , i shuted (jumped) both dir and step inputs on the s' or digital trigger from the board to the step driver , this will be the same as a laser ttl+ and ttl-.
In the compiling make the signal be more than 90 ms , or you won´t have impact, but a noise.
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »
Hi Jan Mozol.
I make my cnc now and I want to ask if you can put on image of wiring of the driver and magnets here?
it help me a lot!!!
Thank you!
Sorry for my English!
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »
Hi, it will depend of what kind of hardware you are using, the best I could achieve was using a l298 and a dc-dc step down.
The thing is that the digital trigger from Mach3 must be conected together in step and dir of the l298.
don´t worry about english, I'm from Brasil and my english is terrible!
I am now triyng to find a different approach , instead of just using digital trigger, i am tryng to combine it with the pwm signal using  the attached software to generate the  g-code,
Give it a try , you can choose between S or Z generation , one will be used on digital trigger the other can be used to engrave slowly and with z .
The soft is in brazillian portuguese
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2016, 06:30:49 PM »
See this scheme , maybe will help you.
Yes...it is paint ,lol.
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2016, 06:31:45 PM »
Please understand I am very new in this kind of problem.I buy this driver:TB6560 3A CNC Router Single 1 Axis Controller Stepper Motor Driver Module; from ebay and I dont know what type of magnet to buy?!I  want to use Mach3, impact&laser engraver .
Where have to wiring the driver? On breakoutboard?Please help me! but in slow motion!
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2016, 06:41:43 PM »
If you use the tb6560 is just the same.
Just put the 5 vcc+ to clk+ and cw+ and digital trigger to both clk- and cw-. then put dc+and dc- to =24 and gnd , the coil of impacter should be connected to a+ and b+ from one side and a- and b- to the other.
Unhapilly I made my coil and assembled the magnets manually.i just gave 96 rounds of 26 awg copper wire around a round piece of mild steel (high carbon) of 10 mm ( a slice)  and i use resin to envelope the coil, it has 10 mm width and 25 mm overall.
« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2016, 06:46:10 PM »
Ok ,but you know one type of magnet what I can use?
« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2016, 06:50:10 PM »
Please understand I am very new in this kind of problem.I buy this driver:TB6560 3A CNC Router Single 1 Axis Controller Stepper Motor Driver Module; from ebay and I dont know what type of magnet to buy?!I  want to use Mach3, impact&laser engraver .
Where have to wiring the driver? On breakoutboard?Please help me! but in slow motion!
I recomend you to follow the post since the begining , and watch over the links everybody placed , to help you imagine two  magnet fixed on aluminium side by side repelling themselves and this coil in the middle, the coil is in a lever and the lever allows movement of about 10 mm up and down , that is the impacter.
The magnet shoul be neodymium , at least 5000 gauss and a good mass , these in attach would be ideal.The second one is 10x10 mm 5600 gaus , i use 2 of them one in front of the other repelling
I based my coil on this one attached , i unwired it and did it very narrow ,10 mm
« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2016, 01:22:30 PM »
Jan Mozol
I still not understand!
where have to conect the driver(for impact magnet)is a special contact for this digital trigger?
can you make some photo of you board?
« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2016, 01:44:08 PM »
Jan Mozol
how can i send to you some pictures?