Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:15:10 AM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 358260 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2011, 04:20:55 AM »
Stitos,

Having tried with a portable oscilloscope, it is obvious that a much more fancy digital, recording piece of equipment will be necessary here.
All I have been able to confirm, so far, is that the pulse width is indeed 40uS and the Pulse Repetition Frequency at white is 0% increasing with shade to approx 90% at black but I have been unable to accurately measure the gap (pause) between the edges (join) of each pixel in the image but this does vary with feedrate.
Not much help really but I will try with another scope when time permits.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2011, 06:00:36 AM »
Stitos,

Having tried with a portable oscilloscope, it is obvious that a much more fancy digital, recording piece of equipment will be necessary here.
All I have been able to confirm, so far, is that the pulse width is indeed 40uS and the Pulse Repetition Frequency at white is 0% increasing with shade to approx 90% at black but I have been unable to accurately measure the gap (pause) between the edges (join) of each pixel in the image but this does vary with feedrate.
Not much help really but I will try with another scope when time permits.

Tweakie.

OK, thank you very much
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2011, 03:06:23 AM »
Hello,
Where I can buy stepper board? In Ebay?

Thank you

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2011, 03:20:28 AM »
eBay is probably the best place to look.
I have in the past bought cheap, single axis boards from Virtual Village (China) and been very happy with the experience.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2011, 06:30:48 AM »
Hello guys. I said I will post a new thread but I didnt have any time!!I am facing problems with the engraving plugin.I read that the output for the plugin is the digit trigger.Is that right?I have it not enabeled and is still fires.The image doesnt look at all as it should be and general I dont think that is working as it should be compering with the results that I have seen from you Tweakie.Can Anybode guide me trough the calibration? I am using pin 9 from sprindle to use the laser.I have set pwm base freq 1000 and the pulley max to 100.My computer runs to 75000.So I have 75 different values that i can set for output.For the laser power control I think I am ok .Does The plugin  offer control of power? If there is a problem writing to this post please telll me.Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 06:55:18 AM »
I think you are perhaps getting too technical for this simple little plugin.
You are correct - the output is on the digital trigger, which must be enabled, but make sure you do not have this pin allocated and enabled somewhere else in your setup.
The digital trigger will control the laser power using PRF so you just need to set the maximum allowable power.

Does this help ?

Tweakie.

nb. I have no problem with you writing to this post - we are all learning here together and that's the way it should be.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:59:18 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »
thanks for your reply Tweakie.power is been set through pin 9 where is my sprindle speed control.I had pin 9 also in digital trigger.I will try another pin.But how to set the power in maximum when the output trigger pin is different than this of the sprindle speed, changing the speed (power)shouldnt make any difference
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »
PRF meaning?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »
Sorry buddy PRF is Pulse Repetition Frequency.

What EHT PSU are you using ?
Does it have the same inputs as the one I am using here ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2011, 01:50:03 PM »
Tweakie in my  parallel port there is connected a board.(The machined was initially bought to been built by a 'manufacturer' here in Greece.At the end he was blackmailing me for money,after a 5 months delay, so i had to finish it on my own)I will post the hall story to the post that i have to make.Goming back to the subject this board gives me Pwm relative to 0-5v.And on it i have connected and the signals for the motors as well.I have 3 Ac servo.So the schematic is not the same buti think it does the work.would a picture help?