Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:40:35 AM

Author Topic: Mach Workshop at Cabin Fever Expo  (Read 49347 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: Mach Workshop at Cabin Fever Expo
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2009, 06:08:30 PM »
I took over 200 picture at the expo and about 7 videos.  I never did get a video of the V8 running.  Each picture is 1.5 meg.  I don't know where I would post them.

Vince

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
Vince, Graham is very good at posting the pics. I would love to see them too. I only got a few. Can you zip and e-mail them to one of us?

Thanks,
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »
Vince, Graham is very good at posting the pics. I would love to see them too. I only got a few. Can you zip and e-mail them to one of us?

Thanks,
Brett

It's 517 meg AFTER I zipped it.  How big of email attachments can you handle?  (at my 384 KB upload speed it would take quite a while). I could burn a CD if you get me your mail address.

Vince

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2009, 06:49:02 PM »
Thanks Vince, Winrar will let you zip and email and limit the size. If it is 517 and you limit it too 100 it will zip and email 6 packages. I have sent you a PM as well.

Thanks Vince,
Brett

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »
Get yourself ScreenHunter and take screenshots of the pics, that will reduce them way down to Kb size :)
Hood
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2009, 08:37:06 PM »
For those who sat in on the PLC/Modbus Workshop, or are interested in beginner level PLC's, here is a neat looking NEW PLC offered by Automation Direct.
http://www.aboutplcs.com/click/
Would be great for starting out with little expense and the programming software is FREE.
They usually have great docs. and support.
Expandable too.
DC or relay OUT.
I'm getting one to play/learn with.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:57:55 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2009, 12:39:04 PM »
The seminar was great. I got a chance to meet a lot of great people, put faces to names and learn a lot.
I want to thank all involved and I hope I do not leave anyone out; Ron, Brian, Scott, Dave, Craig from Smooth Stepper, Tom
Regards, Len :)

+2
Being totally new to CNC & Mach, I felt as if I had a funnel in each ear & they were pouring knowledge in. Unfortunately I reached mental saturation about mid-afternoon Saturday. Just couldn't absorb it all as fast as it was coming. Still, a great workshop & thanks to all!!!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »
I tell you what, Those guys who build that stuff are so good it is scary!! Even on my best day, I could not even come within the same zip code even WITH a CNC machine to the quality of work/attention to detail those guys where doing.

One guy had a Running 1/4 scale Hemi V-8 with Drag Pipes, it was beyond cool..........

These guys were defenitly for Americas Greatest Generation!!

It was good to put some faces to names there as well.

Dave and I, made MAJOR scores at the "Flea" market, we found Pnumatic valves on Manfolds blocks 2-3 per block for only 5 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!  and it was SMC.  Dave and I cornered the guy again on Sunday, and brought a hole pile of stuff from him.

It was good to see Brian, Graham, Scott N., Brett again, and to finally Meet Dave, "Overloaded", Paul, and a few others that my crappy memeory cant remember......

There really just wasnt enough time to cover some of the subjects to the depth they needed........

scott
fun times

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2009, 09:17:45 PM »
That pretty much sums it up for me as well Scott. I will add a little story. A young guy came up to our booth wanting to know how to learn how to write g-code. Graham gave him the name of a book or two and we started explaining it to him. Graham is the hands down G-code Guru for those of you who may not know. Any way, we talked to him a bit and then Graham walked him thru a simple demo program we had running. He explained every line and every command to him. We then told him to have a seat and let him run the program in single block mode watching the machine and seeing for hisself how each line made the machine act. That was worth the trip. Everything else was iceing on the cake IMO.  :) I meant to take a gamepad to try to stir intrest in the youger group but I forgot it.  :( . So many these days only have intrest in games and I'm hopeing that will add a little appeal. In my shop any kid I have ever shown my mill to really perks up when they see me jog it around with a gamepad. I would consider it a favor if someone will remind me next time I get to go.

Brett

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2009, 09:53:07 PM »
scott,
Glad you were buying valves, since i was drawer tool dumping and buying carbide end mills by the pound.
5 ( 1/2" ) out of the ten were new and name brand. $12.00

I must say that the seminar was very good and happy that i came back on Sunday for the PLC stuff.
Don't think any body in that room could get the info presented anywhere for the price. Also didn't notice anyone sleeping at any time. No matter who you were there was something to be learned.

Mostly need to thank the presenters for their efforts. Like you said Scott, a lot of material, and for each topic there
are books written.
RICH