Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:05:36 AM

Author Topic: Mach Workshop at Cabin Fever Expo  (Read 49336 times)

Re: Mach Workshop at Cabin Fever Expo
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2008, 10:24:41 PM »
You might also check Harrisburg PA- thats barely an hour drive, but maybe not good flights from CA. Also check Baltimore, its south, closer, and better Freeway connections.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2008, 10:42:26 PM »
VINCE,
I assume you mean a 2 hour drive from Phil airport to the show, i would figure 2 1/2 hrs. depends on the time of day and weather. I would also check Baltimore, figure the equivilant in driving time, but if the flight is cheaper go for it. BTW, dress appropriately, no Spido's as it will be cold. ;)
RICH

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,667 2,667
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2008, 04:42:37 AM »
Doh! just wasted my spending money on factor 20  ::)  Oh well out of the freezer and into the fridge, never mind  ;D

Graham
Without engineers the world stops

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 11:49:59 AM »
VINCE,
I assume you mean a 2 hour drive from Phil airport to the show, i would figure 2 1/2 hrs. depends on the time of day and weather. I would also check Baltimore, figure the equivilant in driving time, but if the flight is cheaper go for it. BTW, dress appropriately, no Spido's as it will be cold. ;)
RICH

I signed up for the workshop and bought a round trip ticket to Baltimore.  I looked up rental car prices and they are pretty steep, more than $100 a day from BWI.  Any suggestions on a cheaper rental car?

Thanks

Vince

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 12:32:19 PM »
Vince,
Haven't leased a car in over two years but that sounds expensive. No way of getting a corporate rate, ARP, Credit Union
group rate? How about a truck or van from Enterprise as sometimes you can get a nice three day rental price.
RICH

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »
I found if I fly a private plane to the general aviation terminal (1 mile away from the commercial terminal) I can get the same car for $40 a day.  I do own a plane so I will see if I can take a taxi over to the GA terminal and get them to rent me a car for $40.

Vince
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »
Vince,
  5200' RW at York...KTHV. 2 miles from the show. +/-
If the weather isn't too bad, MVFR or worse, I plan to fly-in.
Regards,
RC

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:09 PM »
Vince,
  5200' RW at York...KTHV. 2 miles from the show. +/-
If the weather isn't too bad, MVFR or worse, I plan to fly-in.
Regards,
RC

Unfortunately, it would cost about 8 times as much to fly my plane there from San Jose, CA. so I have to fly commercial.  That and it's pretty much a two day trip in a 177RG.

Vince
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2008, 10:42:36 PM »
That was my next question......weather you had a Citation 10 or maybe a G5.

IFR rated or not, I'd have to plan a week each way this time of the year in a Cardinal.

I'm only an hour away with an Archer.

Hope to see you there,
RC

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008, 05:38:05 PM »
I made a car reservation for a mid sized car for $40 a day including all fees except for gas.  I will have to pick it up at Signature Flight Support (a GA FBO).   I will just take a taxi from the commercial terminal to the FBO and pick up the car.  It's strange because Avis will have to deliver the car over to Signature for me to pick it up when I will be right next to the rental car lot at the commercial terminal.

Vince