Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:09:19 PM

Author Topic: Mach Workshop at Cabin Fever Expo  (Read 49333 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: Mach Workshop at Cabin Fever Expo
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 05:52:09 PM »
I called Holiday Inn and they said all the rooms in the block were taken.  They want $129 plus the governments extortion for a room.  I guess I will now have to go room hunting.

Vince 
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 07:11:42 PM »
There are many other hotels in the area.  Look at www.cabinfeverexpo.com there is a page of other hotels on that site.

I just talked to the show promoter, and he said the hotels are starting to get requests for rooms for the Inaugration- its almost a 3 hr drive to Washington DC!
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »
I met with Brian yesterday and we have added some detail to the seminar agenda. It now looks like this:

Friday
9:00-10:30    Brian, Ron, Dave, Scott N., Scott S.   
  Introductions,
  Mechanical Considerations. Some example machines. Stepper, servos, ballscrews, belts, pullies, etc

11:00-12:30  Dave, with Brian, Ron
  Electronics, BOBs, SS, Geckos, Power supplies, Limit switches, spindle sensors,  general wiring hints.

1:00-2:30   Brian
 Installing Mach and basic config, ports and pins, motor tuning, basic test and debug

3:00-4:30   Brian
 General config, choosing the right answers.
 Operator interfaces- Shuttle Pro, Xkeys, Ipac, PoKeys, MPGs, pendants

Saturday

9:00-10:30   Brian Barker
  Basic Mach operation, loading programs, running, operator control, CV

11:00-12:30  Ron Ginger
  Using Wizards, Screen4, Intro to VB

1:00-2:00   Scott Schaffer
  Customizing screens with Flash.
  Flash screen, examples, what can be done, brief How to.

2:00-2:30 Tom Hubin
  3D video scanning

3:00-4:30   Brian, Karl
  The new cutter Comp,

Sunday

9:00-10:30   Dave, Brian
 Other I/O options, modbus, PLCs, Brains, tool changers.

11:00-12:30  Brian
  Plug-ins, using and writing.

1:00- the end  All
   Wrap up, feedback, General Q&A.

Im still working on the plans for Friday night, but there will at least be a reception room at the Holiday Inn where we can all have a drink talk.

Saturday will be a reception (free beer!) at the York Museum of Industry.

We will have a router making signs, an Emco lathe with tool changer, a mini mill with tool changer and likely a few more demos.

I have also been told there is more good machinery in the auction, by at least double, any previous year.

Its going to be a great session, dont miss it.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
There are many other hotels in the area.  Look at www.cabinfeverexpo.com there is a page of other hotels on that site.

I just talked to the show promoter, and he said the hotels are starting to get requests for rooms for the Inaugration- its almost a 3 hr drive to Washington DC!

I made room reservations at the Roadway Inn, about 1.5 miles from the fairgrounds for $47 a night.  With the money I saved I might be able to afford a new CNC4PC C23 card.

Vince
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:53:13 PM by N4NV »
Anyone interested in a car pool/Driving sharing MA<->Cabin Fever?
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »
I'm in Groton, MA, just south of Nashua,NH. It's a 7 hour drive from here. Was wondering if anyone would like to meet up in MA & share a ride/driving?

N4NV,
I just booked at the Roadway, thanks for the tip.

BTW, Yahoo maps shows it as being 3.9 miles/13 minuites away. In case anyone else is interested, here's their info:

Roadway Inn York
(717) 843-8974
132 North George Street York, PA 17401

If you have TravelValuesPlus, book from the choice hotels website & TVP discounted rate is: $42.39/night!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:59:53 PM by Verell »

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »
I'm in Groton, MA, just south of Nashua,NH. It's a 7 hour drive from here. Was wondering if anyone would like to meet up in MA & share a ride/driving?

N4NV,
I just booked at the Roadway, thanks for the tip.

BTW, Yahoo maps shows it as being 3.9 miles/13 minuites away. In case anyone else is interested, here's their info:

Roadway Inn York
(717) 843-8974
132 South George Street York, PA 17401

If you have TravelValuesPlus, book from the choice hotels website & TVP discounted rate is: $42.39/night!

Actually the Roadway Inn is 132 NORTH George Street and is only 1.5 miles (4 minutes) from the fairgrounds.  You must have put in the address of the Holiday Inn which is 3.9 miles from the Roadway.  The Roadway is actually closer to the fairgrounds than the Holiday Inn.  But, as the person at the front desk of the Holiday Inn enthusiastically tried to point out, the Holiday Inn has a pool.  For some reason, the thought of swimming in January in Pennsylvania does not sound very appealing (even if indoors). 

Vince
Pennsylvania native son
(N4NV)
Re: Mach Workshop at Cabin Fever Expo, Ride sharing?
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2009, 04:02:43 PM »
Ahh, that explains it,  I did put the Holiday Inn into Yahoo, missunderstood where Cabin Fever was being held.
I've corrected the street. Blame Yahoo as they gave me the 'south'.

I'm still interested in sharing riding/driving(see earlier post) from MA.
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2009, 12:41:48 PM »
 ;D
Ok guys,

For those of the members which are living somewhere in the world but at least a few thousands miles away....
Is it possible that somebody makes some videos, photo's or else of the highlights which can be published on the web or here in this forum.
I,m sure that the members which are not so lucky to be there are very interested in this event!!

Kind regards,
Andre Roest from the Netherlands

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2009, 07:16:11 PM »
I made it to the Rodeway Inn in York after the normal problems with commercial aviation, but the price was right.  Do we just show up at the show and say we already paid and registered though the mach seminar?

Vince
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
Yep, just come into the main entrance, they should have a list of everyone registered. They will open at 9:00.

I arrived mid-day, unloaded my boat, but could not unload the cnc lathe. We did get Brians crates of the truck, but cannot unpack until Friday AM. We will likely be a little slow getting started tomorrow, but should be fine the rest of the days.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:13:42 PM by Ron Ginger »