Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:57:16 AM

Author Topic: Changed computers, can't get kboard working. Help!  (Read 36516 times)

Re: Changed computers, can't get kboard working. Help!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »
You could be my son. Guess we better not go there.

Looks like I'm screwed. Pasting in the SoundLogic file did nothing. It didn't even overwrite another file. My second shot was Mach3Mill.xml. It asked to overwrite so I said yes. When I tried to open Mach I got an error box that said "corru;pt install- no license found- aborting. Then a bigger box appeard that siad "legal notice" I could agree or disagree so I agreed. Then Mach opened okay and I was able to kill the estop. Previously I couldn't turn it off. But when I put in a gcode the toolpath wouldn't appear or it appeared like a bunch of circles (not the job). In additon to that my keyboard still wouldn't work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 08:00:50 PM »
OK but you are opening the standard Mach3 profile, first way to check is use the Mach3 loader then in the list choose the SoundLogicM3
That shuld open your old profile and all should be working. If it is then I will tell you how to change your desktop icon to point to that profile.
Hood
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 08:04:53 PM »
I see what you're saying. I may have shot myself in the foot on that one. Months ago when this computer was in another room and running Mach without an actual CNC machine connected to it- I put my icon down on the quick launch toolbar so I could open it with one click. Then I deleted the desktop icons. Can I get them back so I can do what you say?
PS
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »
PS: I don't know if this matters or not but I am a licensed user.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »
OK we will come to that later, first go to Mach3 folder and double clcik on the Mach3.exe. that will open the loader and will let you choose the sound logic, if it works we will go from there.
Hood
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 08:09:20 PM »
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 08:13:59 PM »
Okay. Now we're getting somewhere. That opened Mach without any legal warnings. I killed off the estop as usual with one click and I heard the familiar thump of my stepper motor. Then I loaded a g-code which produced a nice toolpath. But-- Still no keyboard. Typically what I do after opening Mach is to press the page up key to lift the router off the table.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 08:16:47 PM »
Have a look in the HotKeys under the config menu, clcik on the z++ and then press the pgUp key, then z-- and press pg down key. See if that helps.
Hood
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 08:20:35 PM »
It didn't work but I did notice that the DROs show movement even though the steppers don't. This is true with all 3 axes.
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »
I remember Art discussing this phenomenon in one of his tutorials but since it didn't apply to me at the time I didn't give it much thought.