Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:55:37 AM

Author Topic: CS Labs CSMIO/P-A  (Read 51631 times)

Re: CS Labs CSMIO/P-A
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »
Hi Hood

Please see attached.

The chuck is 150mm. Maybe 1.5 ton certainly no lighter.

Reading back over the posts and reference my last post I presume you are both referring to a 5-6kw servo as opposed to what I have now.
If so it was never my intention to put a 5-6kw servo on the lathe. My preference would be to do away with the phase converter. 

Cheers
Mick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 05, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
Ok, well I would say it will be 1 tonne or under from the looks of it but pics can be deceptive. It kind of looks similar in bed design/size to a Hardinge HLV and I think they are  about 750 -900Kg range.
Anyway that doesn't matter :D
Regarding the 5-6Kw motor, I am not sure what we are meaning any more :D  2.5-3 KW servo will be your max on single phase and I think you may get away with that. I have a 5kw on my manual lathe which is a Colchester Triumph  which is physically a bigger machine than you have, it is too small in reality but that is because I am also using it to feed the gearing after the spindle as well, so it is  using a lot of its power up for that. If I was simply using it to drive the spindle, which you will be doing, then it would be plenty.
 I would say a F4075 Allen Bradley motor would do that fine but it is not a definite, just what I think.

The link you posted for the motor is dead so not sure what it is.

Regarding programming two different drives, I wouldn't worry about that as the AB drives are very easy to set up, the software is simplicity itself although the tuning is not as easy to do as with more modern drives, still fairly easy though.
I can however see why you want to go down the Schneider route, especially  with you getting very good prices.

« Reply #183 on: August 05, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »
Sorry about the link.

My initial thoughts were to get rid of the Phase inverter to use single phase, but Going down the Schneider route leaves me no option but to use a 1.5kw spindle drive which is underpowered over 2000rpm than the F4075 that we have been debating. I totally agree that using the Allen Bradley f4075 and associated drive will work but then I will have to buy these used and wait for them to be available or if I buy new will cost £0000's
If I continue to use the single to three phase converter then I have loads of options including 3 phase which I can buy at sensible money. The link is for a 3 phase 3.5 kw motor with brake. I can buy the recommended drive new for £300. meaning the spindle motor/ C axis would cost £850.

For a novice it would be easier in my mind to stick with the same motors and drives on all axes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323378737601?ul_noapp=true

Cheers
Mick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2018, 02:36:50 PM »
Is 2000rpm enough for you? If so then probably best to go the new route.
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2018, 02:37:26 PM »
Hi,

If I continue to use the single to three phase converter then I have loads of options including 3 phase

You have a single phase to three phase converter of 6kW output?

Can you provide some details, maybe a shot of the nameplate?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »
Oh forgot to answer your earlier question regarding the brake. No it is not really needed on a spindle.
Servo motor brakes do not hold the motor stationary, there is always some movement, not a huge amount but there is some, so the brake is no use for locking a spindle.
Also a brake is not used (normally) to stop the motor, it is used primarily for holding, think a Z axis on a mill or the X axis on a slant bed lathe. When the drive is disabled the brake will come on so that the axis does not drop under gravity.
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »
Hood

Is 2000rpm enough for you? If so then probably best to go the new route

What do you mean? New route as far as single phase or keeping the phase converter?

Craig

Yes, I do have a digi phase converter from a company called SMP in Stourport. Will send pic tomorrow. would you like a video of the 6kw motor at full Rpm?

Cheers
Mick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »
By New route I was meaning new servo drive and motor that you linked to rather than second hand Allen Bradley.
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2018, 03:43:46 PM »