Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:29:25 PM

Author Topic: Need setup help for smoothstepper and C25S BOB  (Read 11211 times)

Re: Need setup help for smoothstepper and C25S BOB
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 09:08:14 AM »
Is there an updated Smoothstepper procedure for the latest plugin 186?

It is my understanding that it is the latest documentation which is linked above (Andy is probably working on the update but everything takes it’s time).

Have you tried using the SCU ?

Tweakie.

Here's an idea.  Is it possible to get the older plugin I think 184?  That way the procedure would match the plugin.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 09:08:20 AM »
The info you require is on the Warp9 site

It's the one for the new 186 and it states that on the software screen it works because I have just done it

Have a look at DTG vidieo for the new beta plugin it's 99% of the 186 he explains it well

It's all there in the two places you just need to take your time and look and read till you understand , I cannot help you more nor can others as we do not have your machine to refer to , we do not know how you have it wired e.g. Pin outs , nor do we know if your setup needs active highs or lows

The one bit of info I will give you that is not easily found is that the inputs to port two are inverted in respect to port one ,e.g. If it needs a high on one you need a low on port two due to there being only one logic gate on two nad two on one

Pleas have a look at the two sources I have recommended they will help , when you sort it out yourself you will understand how it works this will help in the future

Regards Stuart

Ps they are nearly identical it's only under the hood changes

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 10:23:01 AM »
Full details of the SCU can be found here http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/documentation/doc-scu

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 10:51:33 AM »
The info you require is on the Warp9 site

It's the one for the new 186 and it states that on the software screen it works because I have just done it

Have a look at DTG vidieo for the new beta plugin it's 99% of the 186 he explains it well

It's all there in the two places you just need to take your time and look and read till you understand , I cannot help you more nor can others as we do not have your machine to refer to , we do not know how you have it wired e.g. Pin outs , nor do we know if your setup needs active highs or lows

The one bit of info I will give you that is not easily found is that the inputs to port two are inverted in respect to port one ,e.g. If it needs a high on one you need a low on port two due to there being only one logic gate on two nad two on one

Pleas have a look at the two sources I have recommended they will help , when you sort it out yourself you will understand how it works this will help in the future

Regards Stuart

Ps they are nearly identical it's only under the hood changes

I went warp9 and I think the setup guide is the one I've been talking about.  The screens are different.  I'll have to see if they will send me the older plugin 184 so everything matches.
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 10:58:16 AM »

In pin configuration.  Why does it reference port 2 and 3 but not 1?  The C25S has port 1 port 2

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 11:15:18 AM »
Because the ESS has three

Not sure what you mean the screens are different to me the screens for the configure of the plugin are the same in 184 and 186

Now do not take this the wrong way but you are going to the plugin configure .flyout ESS , you do NOT  use the Mach configure screen if you do it will screw up the plugin

The first screen you see is an instruction screen on how to proceed if you do not see this you are in the wrong place

Stuart
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »

Not sure what you mean the screens are different to me the screens for the configure of the plugin are the same in 184 and 186

Now do not take this the wrong way but you are going to the plugin configure .flyout ESS , you do NOT  use the Mach configure screen if you do it will screw up the plugin
D
The first screen you see is an instruction screen on how to proceed if you do not see this you are in the wrong place

Stuart

I've been using the mach4 6 axis profile because my CNC is 6 axis.  Maybe that's the problem.  Also I have my step dir connected to port 1 on the C25S.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 12:12:01 PM »
The Plugin is still classed as in Beta, A complete new set of videos is in the pipeline but not until its made official.

All the basic information you need to setup the config for the ESS can be found at http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/gettingstarted/setting-up-the-smoothstepper-and-mach4#MachFourInitialESS_NEW_PLUGIN

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 12:57:40 PM »
The Plugin is still classed as in Beta, A complete new set of videos is in the pipeline but not until its made official.

All the basic information you need to setup the config for the ESS can be found at http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/gettingstarted/setting-up-the-smoothstepper-and-mach4#MachFourInitialESS_NEW_PLUGIN

DazTheGas

Are these plugins compatable with five axis or just 3?  My CNC is 5 axis.
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 01:11:49 PM »

Stuart

The screens are not the same.  They are similar but there are significant differences.