Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:40:29 PM

Author Topic: Lcam 2.0...  (Read 64903 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Lcam 2.0...
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 12:39:58 AM »
Hi Art & Brian

Working with Ver.2.0.005 LC

Layers as drawn is back & Working, Thanks

Optomiize drawing, Doesn't remove Redundant lines, As it did in previous version.

Remove Redundants on Load, Has never Removed them for me and still doesn't.

I see Splines are loading now, Thay cut a little funny, LC imports the shape to create them also.

The Move Origin with Mouse is Working Wonderfully, I have had it mess-up with Art's error Msg.'s a couple times, But not at first move of Origin as before, Ill go back and note them and post Soon !!. 

Lathe: I must be Missing something hear (Everybody Nodding there Head's, L-O-L U-Hu..a...), OK!, Enough,!!.

Seem's to post the "Roughing" portion of code a little long on both end's

Orientation for start of G-code & return to start point seem's unclear.

Should be at end (Right End at stock OD, Rad. X & Z 0)

Maybe there should be a Start at x,z & Return to X,Z in LC Lathe or Post option's, To allow for clearer setup ?

Maybe If reset Origin to min x, Z then Move Origin to set start point & move it away from profile to stock Dir, Rad., then generate Inc moves to fill/cut into final pass value would/could allow starting at left,Right or Center and use X0, Z0 Start point.

This would allow for Joging/Cutter Calibration and reset to 0,0 for start.

Thanks & Just some Thought's Hear, Chip
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 01:13:28 AM by afn09556 »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 02:44:32 AM »
Hi, Art

LC Ver  2.0.5?, Latest ?

Getting UnRecov. Error Calling Text List Complete with Mouse Move of Origin.

LC ver 2.0.4 is working fine moving Origin, Optimize removes Duplicated Lines also..

Prev. Post

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 03:05:32 AM by afn09556 »
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 06:56:33 AM »
Hi Chip

With the origin i have the same problem as you do, in version 04 i can move the origin without errors but there is no tekst with it.
I have noticed this to Art and it seemes the tekst is the difficulty , he sould turn it on again and see whats happend.
I think he did and so it seemes the trouble is back again.

Greetings:
Willem
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 09:14:46 AM »
The Remove redundant will get looked at and  we have a message out to the company that wrote the importing code about the splines :( We will have that in as soon as we get the fix :)

We are going to be doing a bunch of work to turn as soon as we have mill and plasma working :)

We are going to add MUCH more code to the turn section :) (Time is the problem at this point, and there are more people that use mill :( )

Thanks guys
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 10:23:09 AM »
Thanks Brian

Sound promising, looking forward to this.
I think maybe you are right about more people use mill but watch until they find out that a latche is also a nice machine to play with.

Greetings:
Willem

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 10:27:28 AM »
Hi Art,

Here are the screen shots of my Offsets attemp.

Thanks, Paul, Central OR

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 11:11:02 AM »
Paul:

Two things.

I just reran it here, and of course I get a perfect offset. :) , Id like you to check the value of the
Tolerance in the Extents tab in th elower status tabs. Mine is set to .0001 , can you set yours to that and
see what it does?

If it still doesnt give an offet, save th eproject at that point, and send me the EVA.LCam file will you. It may give me a hiint as to why your not
getting th eoffet you should. I cant seem to duplicate it here..

Thanks
Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 11:34:19 AM »
Hi Guys:

I have added text back in, but any errors should list a new text message as to where the erorr is. Id appreciate any notification of what it tels yu is the place of the crash so I can narrow it down
to what exactly is causing it. Then I can fix the error rather than just mask it.

Thanks
Art
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 11:58:26 AM »
Hi Art

As soon i hit the origin with the mouse a mesage is given: unrecoverable error in calling text lists complete notify artsoft attemd to continiu?  yes/no if i hit yes noting happens if i hit no the windows error report screen appears and the program closes.

Greetings:
Willem

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 01:25:55 PM »
Hi Art,

I changed the Connection Tol.: to 0.0001... still no offseting.

The saved LCam Project is attached.

Thanks, Paul