Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:20:51 AM

Author Topic: Leadshine EL5 ac servo troubles  (Read 20969 times)

Leadshine EL5 ac servo troubles
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:03:38 AM »
Hi support
I have bought a CSMIO/IP-A  +/- 10 analog controller and 4 sets of Leadshine EL5-750w ac servos.
I am not able to get the motors running.
If I connect the servodrives to a laptop I can run one motor and tune the velocity and torque loop with the Protuner program installed through RS 485/usb connector.
According to  the manual only two rarameters have to be set to make an external drive take control.
The CSMIO is ok. I have cheked the analog output +/- 10 volt everything is fine here.
The problem is the Leadshine .
I have tryed only connecting 24v to enable the servodrive and I can hear that the drive goes on, but nothing happens if I put e.c.1,5 volt in the  analog input.The factorysetting is 500rpm/v , so the motor schould run 750rpm.
Par.001=2 for torque mode
Par.400=30000
Then power off and on to reset the drive and everything schould funktion.Nothing happens.
Do anyone know what´s wrong.?
Could 4 drivers be defect?
Could some equipement in airport secutity destroy .
Hope you understand my Danish/English

Best regards Johnny Schmidt

PS. I wrote to Leadshine support, but everything is closed because of the Chineese Newyear untill the 27th

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Leadshine EL5 ac servo troubles
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »
There may well be a FWD/REV inhibit that you need to short out, or some other Input similar.
You may also have it in the wrong mode, maybe you have it set as Step/Dir input instead of analogue?
Do you have a link to the manual and software download?

Hood

Edit, see you have it set in Torque mode, so maybe my Step/Dir comment is void, but it may depend on other parameters so worth checking.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:53:43 AM by Hood »
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »
Hi Hood
Thank you for quick responce.
I have tryed a lot of parametersetting according to the manual.Torque,velocity,position mode. Nothing runs.
All i/o are connected to a db44 pin connector and to that I have wired
24v +to pin 1 and 24v- to pin 2
for analog input pin 43-44 +/- 10v (differential)
Have also tryed pin 39 and 41 ,without result.
The step/dir. is not an issue for for CSmio-a
I dont have a controller to try the function step/dir.
It is just a bench Work for one motor/driver, so i haven´t
wired alarm and the other things except encodersignal.
That Works fine .I can turn the motorshaft and se the axis move in Mach3.
Right now I have disconnected  CSMIO , just to try to get the motor run.
Thanks for helping me Hood.
I have seen a lot of Your videos . I can se that you are a clever guy.
Hope you will give the answer.
Best regards Johnny

http://www.purelogic.ru/files/downloads/doc/Leadshine/servodriver/el5-d1000/EL5_user_manual_Purelogic.pdf

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 02:48:38 PM »
I will have a scan through the manual later but just wondering why you are using Torque mode rather than Velocity?
I think either can be used but the concensus seems to be Veloity is best for a machine tool.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 05:23:37 PM »
It is only an eksample from the manual, just to try something with known parameters.Have tryed velocitymode too, without luck.
I found a manual for tuning. It is from this manual, I had the parameters for torquemode.
I know that velocitymode is the right mode.

Johnny

Link for tuning with parameters.

http://americanmotiontech.com/Upload/Manuals/el5-dsm_v1.0.pdf

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 03:30:18 AM »
Hi,

had a quick look to the manual, i think minimum wiring will be

pin 1 -> 24V
pin31 -> GND
pin2 -> GND for Servo on
not sure about pin7/8/9 to put them to GND

but have in mind, that all inputs off servo drive have to be
pulled to GND to enable them.

than use  velocitymode .

Thomas
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 03:41:11 AM »
Can you give me a link to the softwaree and then also attach a saved copy of your setup. That will hopefully allow me to see what parameters you have set as there are quite a few that could be important. For example there is a zero speed clamp, if that is not set correctly then it would stop rotation.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 04:12:54 AM »
Ok I found the software, if you can save your setup and zip and attach I should be able to have a look at the parameters you have set.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 07:15:30 AM »
Hi Hood and Thomas
I haven´t made other changes from factorysetting than parameter 001 and 400
all others are factorysetting.Maybe I have to wire pin 7-8-9 as Thomas wrote.
I didn´t wire 7-8-9 couldn´t find any discription of PL - RL ( still don´t know what they means)
I mean that pin ZS must be zero speed .
They call pin 1 Srom ( schuld be Sron= servo on)
I wrote to Leadshine support and asked , but they never answered.
I´m not sure if I can zip the file I will ask my son, when he comes home ( I am an old toolmaker better for hardware than software)

Maybe I have to wire the system as Thomas wrote.( thanks for the answer Thomas)

Johnny

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 10:26:07 AM »
PL-RL etc just seem to be whatever they are depending on what mode you are in. For example if in Velocity mode they would seem to be internal speed commands. If that is the case then I do not think you want them connected. The manual is not that clear but it would seem that if Srom (n) has to be connected to Enable the drive then it follows that you do not want the others connected. The ZeroSpd one would be used  as a safe stop in an E-Stop situation I would think, the signal would be applied which would stop the motion quickly then you could safely take away the Enable.
 If you simply take away the Enable then, depending on axis friction, it could coast for a distance before coming to rest thus a lot of servos now have a means of stopping quickly under power in an emergency then you can disable. The drives I use on the Chiron have that function and I use a safety relay with a timer to control it.

Going back to your problem, I cant see anything that could be amiss with your setup if it is as you say, it should be working according to the manual, still would be better in Velocity mode though I think.
If you can get the file saved and zipped I can take a look and see if I can find a problem.

Hood