Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:20:46 AM

Author Topic: Still confuse about Mach3  (Read 21697 times)

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
Still confuse about Mach3
« on: May 13, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »
Hi, like the title say. Im confuse about Mach3 not sure if its right  to say that or Im confuse myself. Its not because its a hard program to learn but because Im so use to write programs for CNC lathe using different program.(EzPath  14 years) and  Im trying to make things on Mach3 as I do for Ezpath. any way my questions are:

-Do I need the Lazycam  program to convert my drwaings to G codes  then move them to Mach3 or I can go directly from AutoCad drawings (dxf) to Mach3?

- Also, I know I can write the programs as Text then move them to Mach3 . I still trying to remember how to write the G codes.

-On Mach3 where/how I save my tools? Its there any tool library to save all my tools?

-On Ezpath program I tell the program what size the material its then how much to take per pass on rough cuts and how much to left for final cut. How I do all that on Mach3 program?  I know it should work close to be the same.

Thank you

Jaime 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Still confuse about Mach3
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »
-Do I need the Lazycam  program to convert my drwaings to G codes  then move them to Mach3 or I can go directly from AutoCad drawings (dxf) to Mach3?
Current versions of Mach no longer import dxf files directly so you need a program to provide the gcode. There is a manaul for LazyCam in Members Doc's.
The lathe module of LazyCam requires that you have a pro license and LazyTurn replaced that module.

I still trying to remember how to write the G codes.
Use a text editor such a Notepad and save the file as ******************.TXT. If how to actual write the gcode the suggest you consult one of the manny
books available.

-On Mach3 where/how I save my tools? Its there any tool library to save all my tools?

You can find info in the Mach Manuals.

-On Ezpath program I tell the program what size the material its then how much to take per pass on rough cuts and how much to left for final cut. How I do all that on Mach3 program?  I know it should work close to be the same.
Mach dosen't define the machining....that is done by the CAD / CAM software.

RICH

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:09:02 PM »
Jaime,
Mach 3 isn't a conversational CNC like EZpath.  It is just a straight G-code interpreter. So you have to manually code the program or use a CAM program. LazyCam is a real basic Cam program in that it only reads 2D dxf files and outputs what many would call 2-1/2D.  That is an XY contouring tool path along with stepped Z motion. I think if you look at the mill wizard addons and such you will that they work more like the EZpath CNC.

Gary H. Lucas

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
Hi Gary . think thats why Im comfuse . been so many years using EzPath. I learded long time ago  in school  how to write G-code programs  just need to remember how they work . still remember just the basic. Forn now just need to learn how Mack3 works . Only making simple parts with table top mill for now.(Aluminum. brackets, straight line and circle thats all for now). I know as soon I figure out how it works  its going to be easy. just having trouble learning for now.

thank you

Jaine

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 07:48:40 AM »

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 03:32:16 PM »
Hi Rich, I got all those pages already (HASS  Mill programming workbook) they give me that book  in school (2003 or 2004  been long tome ago) thats how I learned to write G-code programs and I was running  that machine at school but then at work we use the other program thats why I forgot about them. I been reading  them  to refresh my memory.
I been looking for Lazycam doc's. but cant find them , I found some but not what  I was looking for but also say (there are user-written manuals for LazyCam and LazyTurn available on the Members Docs board of the forum (requires registration to access the board). where its the Members Docs board . let em keep looking for now.

Thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:07:31 AM »
Link to Lazycam Manual , then scroll down in the list and you will find the LazyTurn Manual.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.msg77415.html#msg77415

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 10:27:03 PM »
HI RICH thank you, got the LC Manual now. Im reading it slowly page by page.  Can you tell me why when I imporrt a dxf drawing to LC let say a square, its only one chain but i has 4 entities (0,1,2,3), so my problem its.  when I click them in order one at the time (0,1,2,3) I spect them to go in order around the square but insted they go from left side then to the rigth, then up then bottom. I can see few rapid lines.
What Im doing wrong? what do I have to change to make it go in order around the square?.

thank you

Jaime
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »
Jaime,
The lines are probably in the order drawn by your CAD program.  When they get chained the lines will all connect, so that doesn't really matter much.

Gary H. Lucas

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 11:14:03 PM »
Hi Gary. My only consern its that I see few rapid lines going from one side to the other. I was spect to see only one. I'll make a new drawing  in the order I want the part to be cut. let me try it. Then if nothing change I try to post the G-codes to Mach3 and see how its going to cut.

thank you

Jaime