Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:44:28 PM

Author Topic: Still confuse about Mach3  (Read 21847 times)

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
Re: Still confuse about Mach3
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 10:54:11 AM »
Hi RICH, I really appreciate all your help. It helps me a lot cause Mach3 its new for me. Im machines and welder. I write CNC programs for Lathe and run the lathe  all the time but the program its EzPath, it so sample, and I use manual mill all the time. like I told you before I learned Gcode programs long time ago. now I get confuse, but I start to remember slowly. I know how to set up the work and machining different ways just need to learn how Mach3 works.
If I write a program for Mach3 using all the Godes and M codes to cut a part it should run ok and cut the part?.
I forgot to ask you if I use the G41 and G42 (cutter compensation) they would work?.
Can I write and save all my tools on Mach3. SO when I write mty programs it should know the tools?.
I already took care of the backslash on my X,Y axis it works perfect now. like I told you. you been helping me a lot.

thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2013, 06:37:09 PM »
CNC Programming Handbook by Smid would be an excellent reference  book and covers more than most will ever know.
There are different dialects of gcode and Mach controller is no different on some, or may i say how it's implemented,  but each gcode is defined in the manuals. G41 and g42 will work and you need to program correctly for it to compensate for the tool.You can define and save tools on Mach and it's covered in the Mach manual.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »
Hi RICH, Im testing my gcode program.When I load my program and star the cycle,why I dont see any tool showing on the tool infromation window.  I save the 5/8 end mill on the "Tool table"  tool #1. I can run all the program but tool information doesnt show.
On tool table why when I click on the tool icon it change to different shape every time? Its something I should change as well?

thank you

Jaime

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 03:47:02 PM »
Hi RICH, I got couple programs running  (outside and inside of my part) it runs ok. Im using the M1  to stop the program and change the endmill and it works ok too. I havent cut a real part for now just cutting above the part.
Why still not showing the tools Im using on screen when program its running?.  I have the tools program on  Mach3 tool table already ( Tool diameter,Tool high).its cause Im using only the demo version of Mach3.
Also when Im done running some practice passes and I close the Mach3 program, it ask me if I want to save the fixture. What it that for?

thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »
Jaime,

when I click on the tool icon it change to different shape every time? Its something I should change as well?

The tool shape can be changed and serves as quick visual indication of tool type when you click one of the
 numbered tools. If that helps you then change it.

See page 5-34 for Configuring the Toolpath Dialog in the Mach3Mill CNC Controller Software Installation
and Configuration Manual.

close the Mach3 program, it ask me if I want to save the fixture

See page 5-39 for General Logic Configuration  in the Mach3Mill CNC Controller Software Installation
and Configuration Manual.

From the manual:

Axis DRO Properties: Tool Selections Persistent, if checked, remembers the selected tool at shutdown
of Mach3.

Optional Offset Save, if checked, will prompt to verify that you want to actually do any save requested
in Persistent Offsets.

Persistent Offsets, if checked, will save the work and tool offsets in the permanent tables you have
selected between runs of Mach3Mill. See also Optional Offset Save.

Persistent DROs, if checked, the axis DROs will have the same values on startup as when Mach3 is
closed down. Note that the positions of the physical axes are unlikely to be preserved if the machine
tool is powered down, especially with micro-stepper drives.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »
Hi RICH. I already read it. What I was thinking its that by writting the tool # in program, when you load the program the tool information will apear automatically in the tool information screen. So what I learned now its that by typing the tool # in the tool information screen it shows the tool informatio. Its that correct or I still wrong and tool information should show just by typing it on the program and load it.
With all the basic things I know now about Mach3 I should be able to start cutting some parts next weekend.

Thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:10 AM »
The pathing created in LC uses the defined tool information from LC. Posted code will call out the tool number used in LC. The tool information in the MACH3 screen  is from  the tool table of  MACH3 if you have that tool defined in the Mach tool table and if not you will only see the tool number.  LC or Mach dosen't know what tool you actualy have in the spindle and you have a few options to deal with that in Mach's configuration. Changing a tool can be automated or manualy done.

Unless you have a tool changer it becomes rather simple in that you should have have the correct tool in the spindle along with the tool touched off correctly and just run the  program.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2013, 12:52:11 PM »
Hi RICH. I start practice with the text (engrave) with Mach3 and I having some problems. What Im doing its a circle (my part) with text inside the circle. My problem its that when I import a drawing from Autocad the only thing showing its the circle and not text at all and when I import another drawing its missing some letter in  text.
What Im doing wrong?. Whats the best way to do the text (engrave) with Mach3?.

thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 07:02:47 AM »
There are Wizards available in Mach which will provide the gcode for text. Deskegrave is a free program which will
do text along an arc.

Not sure exactly how you are using AutoCad. Put the text on it's owne layer, explode the text and then export only the text.

If using LC make sure you CLEAN the file after importing it. The text should show in the graphics window.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »
Hi RICH, I got the text working now. I did some changes in autocad and now when import the text to LC its showing normal, but when I inport it to Mach3  it only shows 50 lines and it should be about 150 -180 lines total. I run the mach3 with the 50 lines and it works ok.
For now I only got the demo version of Mach3 but it say's the limit its 500 lines for demo version. DoI have to change some setting  or Im doing something wrong again.

thank you

Jaime