Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:28:48 AM

Author Topic: No response from limit switches  (Read 15937 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: No response from limit switches
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 06:20:19 PM »
No problem.
It could be your BOB is inverting the signals and that you have the E-Stop Normally Open but we will see on Sunday :)

Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 05:41:50 AM »
Had a play with this and I think I've figured it out. In the xmls posted the E-stop is set to pin 13 active high. But the A axis limit is also set to pin 13 but active low. To me this should mean it is impossible to get Mach out of reset - and yet you can.

It turns out either by design or accident that if you create this impossible situation Mach automatically sets both auto limit override AND manual limit override on - thus although the diagnostic leds light Mach ignores the limit. Try for the moment just disabling the A axis limits and then there is no conflict so Mach does not then "auto" set the limits off.

The "real" solution of course is NOT to create this impossible situation with the E-Stop pin.

Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2013, 05:43:57 AM »
Bloody hell, missed that, did notice the overrides though and couldnt work out why it was on ;D
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2013, 06:03:52 AM »
 ;D
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2013, 03:43:19 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your time, you have been a great help as usual. X,Y and Z limits and E-Stop are now all working. There is another twist now, however. I have the auto zero set, but when I 'Home All' all the axes go to home limit and auto zero, but then immediately the reset flashes. The axis led's do not go green either. Any suggestions?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 04:44:14 AM »
Ok so does the Z move to switch, back off , machine coords Zero and Z LED go green, then it moves to the Y etc?
Hood
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 05:02:58 AM »
I have tried with all 3 axes reaching home first and they all back off and go green, but as soon as the last one backs off all leds go back to red and the reset flashes. ???

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 07:42:34 AM »
please post your xml and your 'ref all home' macro

Ian
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2013, 01:59:39 PM »
Where do I find the 'ref all home' macro?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »
Normally the script is held in the RefAll button and with you saying that you tried in different orders it sounded like you were using a custom scrippt.

If that is not the case then just attach your latest xml and we will assume the scriot is standard.

If you can try homing from the Diagnostics page. Press Ref Z and see if it homes correctly. Wait a few mins and then do Y, wait then do X.
If it fails at any of them tell us which. If it fails after the last one you do (X) then reset Mach and only home that one and see if it fails.
Hood