Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:17:12 PM

Author Topic: No response from limit switches  (Read 16009 times)

Re: No response from limit switches
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2013, 03:03:07 AM »
Yes the script is standard. When I changed the orders all I did was jog each axis further away from the limit switch in turn.
I did go to the diagnostics page and homed each axis individually. The reset flashed on every axis as it backed off and zeroed.
I will only be able to post the xml this evening at around 5.30.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 03:12:14 AM »
The script can not be standard if all axes are moving at the same time as default is Z first then Y then X then A.
Anyway regardless of that sounds like your switches may be bouncing.
Hood
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 01:49:06 PM »
 ;D I got it!!!!!!!!! It was all about that pin 13 mixup. Pin 13 is for the A limit and pin 15 is for E Stop. Of course having disabled the A axis to try and get it all working made it look like the E Stop was working, but it was actually giving the A axis over travel signal. So I have switched the pins in the input signals and now it all works. ;)
BUT, I haven't messed with the script in the 'all home' button, and when activated all 3 axes move together. How do I change this to the default of 1st Z then Y then X. I don't want to crash cutters. :D
I have attached the latest xml, if that helps.
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 03:14:54 AM »
I have just noticed that when pressing the 'home all' button on the screen, the Z moves first so it must be that when I configured my number pad pendent I did not get the movement right. I will have to have a look and see if there is another way to do it.

Once again a huge thank you to all of you for all your help, you certainly make this process much easier for the challenged like me.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 07:14:20 AM »
Good you got it :)
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »
 :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!