Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:41:29 PM

Author Topic: Panasonic servo drive help  (Read 89357 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Panasonic servo drive help
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2013, 10:24:55 AM »
 ;D

Rick, something like this may help.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Double-Side-Prototype-PCB-Board-5x7-cm-Tinned-Universal-Board-FR4-/130647464585

Not as neat as custom but as long as the spacing is right for your components, should work and be fast enough.  I don't think etching your PCBs would be that bad though.  I think Radio Shack has everything you will need.  You can also have them made with the silk screening and all pretty cheap but for just 1 or 2 it's a lot more expensive than larger quantise.

This is a pretty decent link on etching your own.  http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/PressRoom/makeoneetch.html

You can also machine off the cooper clad insted of etching it off.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2013, 10:52:43 AM »
Yea Brett,
    I've seen that done by folks that have a diy cnc machine that works, sure wish I had one. ;D
             Rick

Just a little joke,please don't take offense.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
Rick, I don't even know what your talking about..................  everything looks fine to me.

Yea Brett,
    I've seen that done by folks that have a diy cnc machine that works, sure wish I had one. ;D
             Rick

Just a little joke,please don't take offense.

;D  I know, my point exactly, that's why you've got to hurry up!  You need a CNC to help you build more CNCs.   ;D

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »
So does this mean I'm not the only one thinking of machine #2 before #1 is finished?
                        Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2013, 12:54:16 PM »
That's only for the Estop or a drive fault also? And where does it get its signal from?

Dan

Dan I am planning to also use the No Fault Out signals on the E-Stop  relay Inputs so if a drive faults it calls an E-Stop. I have not got as far as wiring that section up yet but I think it should work fine. Below is a pic of how this module can be used for multiple E-Stops inputs

Not sure what signal you are referring to in the latter part of your question.

Also the CSMIO monitors the positions of each axis and if one is not where it is meant to be it will call a PID fault and E-Stop all motion, so hopefully I have got a lot of bases covered in the unlikely event that one goes awry.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »
Just to add another wee bit, you may see the other safety relay at the side of the red one, it is powered from the start/stop button on my panel, below the E-Stop, see pic.
 What that button does is start the contacters for Drives and coolant however the power for the red E-Stop module is via the relays on it and also the E-Stop to CSMIO/Mach is via the red one. So I can start the computer and have Mach running but I can not take Mach out of reset unless the drives contacters are powered.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
Thanks for the link Hood,
     But DAMN, looks like I really need to learn to make a pcb as the componets you suggest seem to always need one. ::) BTW, that is a really neat, clean  & professional looking electrical cabinet you showed Dan there, looks like I'm getting advise from an EE, I better pay attention!
        Thanks , Rick

I am no EE, I learn every day of new ways and hopefully I will never stop learning. Regarding the PCB's, I often just use vero board to do the  wee boards I need then maybe at a later stage I will route or get a board printed. Pic below of one of the relay boards I made up the the wee lathe.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »
So does this mean I'm not the only one thinking of machine #2 before #1 is finished?
                        Rick

Absazactly!  ;D

Brett

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
Bretts been thinking about that for Years Rick, just he has not managed to complete the 10 million spreadsheets he feels compelled to do before a project ;D

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2013, 01:52:34 PM »
Bretts been thinking about that for Years Rick, just he has not managed to complete the 10 million spreadsheets he feels compelled to do before a project ;D

Hood

But I'm at 327,638............ means I'm not too far off from finishing one of them.   ;D

Brett