Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:19:15 AM

Author Topic: Panasonic servo drive help  (Read 89333 times)

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
Re: Panasonic servo drive help
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »
Man Hood,
   guys like you make me feel like such a idiot. Thanks for getting the pic on here.I stated up front in my opening post I'm NOT a computer,electronics or internet communication wiz & I guess the fact I can't even get a pic in a post proves it.I tried a right click on the pic,(seems like I remember an option like "resize"in win XP ?). But I didn't see any option to resize, Hell i don't even know why they are BIG in the first place!When you say you have taken a screenshot of it,got it to show in post as a thumbnail at a reasonable resolution,phew! sailed right over my head?I can't keep asking for help,pretty soon you'll be expecting me to ask how to tie my shoes!!
    In the pic you'll notice I only have 1 encoder cable made at this point(Z axis on far right)The r  0  on the display indicates the drive is ready to display rpm's.I can turn the servo motor shaft between my fingers and get a reading so I'm pretty confident the cable is made correctly.The X & Y are flashing Err  22 indicating an encoder or cable problem cause I don't have the cables made yet.
    After our correspondence yesterday I believe we think I don't have a power supply connected for signal control. I kinda thought that myself when I read the manual but I also thought to myself "how can I have a readout on the drive and an encoder that seems to be working if the control has no power?" But you have me confident & convinced of what I need to redo as soon as I can get hold of some shielded cable with enough conductors.I need to backtrack this thread and get a list of exactly what I need where & where(those cw &ccw inhibs,etc).
    Thanks for getting a pic up for me,(proving it's easy IF ya know how).Now I need to search "screenshot & thumbnail" & see iffin' I can get me some learn'!!
    THANKS HOOD, Rick

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 07:37:28 PM »
Rick, this will help on the screen shots.   http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm

And you can get good cable by the foot here.  http://www.igus.com/default.asp?PAGE=CHAINFLEX

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 08:06:28 PM »
Are you kidding me!!
    That's crazy,I never seen that trick before,thanks for the good sense of humor Hood.Brett, I haven't checked the links yet but I will. I need the photo education and buying shielded twisted pair cabling by the foot is tough to find,I bought the cable for the encoder used off e-bay cause everybody selling new wanted to sell me a 500' roll, I didn't need quite that much!
                                   Rick

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 10:04:34 PM »
Bear with me folks.it's an experiment.  Rick

[timg]C:\Users\Rick\Pictures\mockup2.JPG[/timg]

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
I should've known. I read if I did that it should put a thumbnail in a post,obviously didn't work for me.
                 Good Nite. Rick

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 06:50:45 AM »

Well here I go again! Maybe you see my mock-up & Mach3 computer?
                  Rick

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 06:53:52 AM »
Hot Damn,bout time!
     I'll try a couple more tonight.Thanks for putting up with my "learning process".
                                Rick

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2013, 09:30:17 AM »
 ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2013, 05:36:56 PM »
Here's a shot of the base so far,Y axis rails & ballscrew just sittin' there for now.