Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:37:03 PM

Author Topic: Panasonic servo drive help  (Read 89383 times)

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
Re: Panasonic servo drive help
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2013, 06:31:30 AM »
THANK YOU RUSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't believe my luck at finding such a GREAT bunch of people on this forum. I've just added another to my list of hero's and people I owe. I'm VERY thankful that you would take the time to look through the manual and spot possible parameters that could cause the results I was getting. I did have #28 at 0 but I had #29 set at 1, changed it to 3 as you suggested and It works correctly at last. ;D ;D YIPPIE!!
    Not only have I been helped so much here, but another thing that gets me is that this is a MACH support forum and to the best of my knowledge I haven't had a Mach problem yet. ::)
    All my problems have been because I bought the drives and motors from ebay seller FA Parts, they came with what was supposed to be a block wiring diagram and configuration to make them work with Mach 3. Well the instructions were/are CRAP, I shoulda' just thrown them in the trash and came here in the first place but I would have never guessed such a generous and helpful bunch of folks existed. I'm not a computer or electronics whiz and knew I would have a hell of a time making this work on my own which was my reason for buying from a seller who claimed to include instructions to make it all work together. :-\
    Now I can't really say I feel like I was ripped off because all the componets I bought seem to be good quality and it works when configured correctly. ::) Considering the prices I'm seeing asked for this stuff today I feel like I got a good deal pricewise on the componets but the instructions are worthless and I'd probally been less frustrated had they not been included at all.
    I may have gotten frustrated and given up,(or at least had to walk away and take several breaks in progress) had it not been for the GREAT support I found here! This truly IS a support forum. ;D
    Thank You to All who have held my hand to this point, especially Hood, Chaoticone & Overloaded. Now I'm on to the alarm circuit, probally end up needing help with that as well, Hope I haven't got you guys burnt out on me yet. ::)

Thanks All, Very greatfull, Rick
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2013, 07:23:57 AM »
That's great news Rick, one step at a time.
You'll be knee deep in chips before you know it.  ;D

Happy I was able to help,
Russ
 :)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:15 AM »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2013, 05:00:24 PM »
Good news :)
Hood

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2013, 07:20:44 PM »
    Well i sure am glad I got the post from Russ early this morning. I changed the parameter before I went to work, saw the motor jog properly at last and left for work feeling great. Then today at work got involved in an accident caused by a                          co-worker and smashed my middle finger on left hand. Swelled to about 3 times normal size now, throbbing like a toothache, black, blue, purple, bloddy etc. At least I left work with a finger in perfect condition for telling him he was # 1.
    May be broke, filed accident report and decided to let it ride a day or 2 and see if it gets better or worse. Finger messed up bad enough to pretty much make whole hand unuseable and can't get much done with only 1 good paw.
    Really glad to see it work right this morning because now I can't do much on the project for a while, (day or 2 at least). Even hunt & peck typing tough with 1 hand.

Rick

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2013, 07:33:23 PM »
 :(  Get better soon.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »
Dang the luck !  :P
I hate to hear that Rick.
You were on a roll too !
Hope you bounce back very soon.
Co-workers ... sometimes a blessing, often a curse. >:D

Get well soon,
Russ

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2013, 09:08:38 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes guys.
He made a mistake,  I paid, stuff happens, wasn't on purpose.
Come to think of it, I made a mistake myself once. ::)

Rick

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2013, 10:58:23 AM »
Well guys,
    With my finger banged up I spent my time yesterday reading & figuring on how I should do the "safety circuit" so drive alarms bring everything to a stop. You know, the system I hope is never needed or used but when it is I'll be glad I took the time to do it. ;) I was thinking about using an ice cube relay because I already had 1 on hand & I'm cheap. But coil draw was close to drive spec of 50Ma max and don't want to risk doing damage to servo drives. So I thought maybe a transistor taking signal from alarm output and transistor switching coil in ice cube relay, again cause I'm cheap & I have several transistors on hand I could choose from. WELL NOW, I read a bunch about transistors yesterday, learned a lot I didn't know & decided I wasn't going to learn enough fast enough to put a circuit together that  I'd have confidence in using just because I'm cheap & wanted to use what I already have. ::)
    So, I have been looking at "perf board" & "vero board" you guys showed me & I think I'll try making a board using some proper pcb relays. I'm not ready to learn the etching process yet just for a board or 2 and as Brett suggested If I ever get to the point of having a diy cnc of my own I could mill a board and skip the learning & chemicals altogether. ;D I gained some confidence at possibly using some type of prototype board after the rework of the Scorpion differential output board which seems to have turned out well. 8)
    So this morning I was going back through this thread to take a look at the pcb relays Hood had suggested and said he used before in a safety circuit like I want in my machine. Now I must say I'm embarrassed to discover that Russ had told me to check cw/ccw parameter in post #93 and in #97 Hood had confirmed & agreed that my problem of only getting motor rotation one way was probally related to cw/ccw parameter as well. I guess my only excuse is that I thought I had always heard that Mach3 output step & direction commands so when I looked at parameter #29 and saw I had it set for cw/ccw in my pea brain cw/ccw are "directions" so I just flew right by thinking that was correct even though you guys told me that could be the problem. :-[ Thankfully Russ looked at the manual himself and asked "hey dummy do you have #29 set at 3 like we told you". Of course he didn't say it like that cause you guys are to nice for that but you had to be thinking it! ::)
    Sorry I was too dense to get that on my own and Thanks again for sticking with me long enough to get that problem fixed, I sure appreciate it!

Rick

P.S. Finger is only double size today and at least I have enough grip strength in my hand to button my pants without too much pain! That's an improvement over yesterday.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2013, 03:04:09 AM »
Ha ha its all part of learning a new discipline, when you stop learning is when you want to be worried ;)

Glad to hear the finger is getting better :)
Hood