Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:35:07 AM

Author Topic: Bridgeport is getting an overhaul  (Read 25689 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgeport is getting an overhaul
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
Managed to get the spindle pulleys fitted and all axis tuned. Have X Y and Z at 6m/min rapids and 1200mm/s/s accel which seems about right for a smallish travel that the Bridgeport has. Did have it doing 10m/min but it was too fast and had to reduce the accel on X and Y or the drive would trip on bus over voltage so settled for the much faster accel with reduced rapids. I could fit shunts to the drives but dont think its worth it.
Worked out how I will fit the limits and home switch on X and Y and will hopefully get them fitted tomorrow.

Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 08:37:58 AM »
Hood,

It looks good! And certainly each machine you do gets better :)

A few questions:

I know a Smooth Stepper must be in there, but can't see it...?

Also, since you have all those buttons and particularly the FRO and SRO pots, I would assume a Pokeys should be in there, but can't see that one either.

Could you explain what are the buttons on the first raw at the top? SpinEn looks like enabling the spindle drive, but I would expect a On/Off switch and this looks like a momentary switch? And the other two, just curious what are they (Limit and Control)?

Oh... and does Russ sell those relay boards? Where can I acquire one?

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 09:04:04 AM »
Thanks Dan,
No SS, its got a Scorpion in it.

FRO, SRO and all buttons are via the PLC so no PoKeys, I prefer everything to be 24v if possible, thats why I am making up the BOBs for my ESS as I like differential signals if 5v and 24v for other I/O.

Spin enable is a latching switch with LED ring round the button.

The limit one is an override so I can back off the limits. The limits  dont go to Mach they are handled by the PLC, if a limit is hit the PLC takes the enables away from all drives and also sends an E-Stop to Mach. To back off the limits I have to press and hold that button and I can then jog off them.

Control is simply the button that powers up the computer and other bits and pieces.

I got a couple of relay boards from Russ, think he picked up four or five  somewhere and he kindly sent me a couple.

Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
Hood,

So the Scorpion works with Mach3? With the Scorpion you are using one network card, what did you need the second one for? Do you have your PC connected to a network?

Where are you getting those panel buttons from?

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
It works with Industry Controls software which at this point is very similar to Mach3, it just has some of the Rev4 stuff in it such as toolpath and faster update, think 50Hz as opposed to 10Hz of Mach.

Yes have all my machines networked to each other and my desk computer.

Got the buttons from eBay, cant remember the seller I am afraid but think he was from Hong Kong, will see if I can find the seller and post a link if I do.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
Its actually a UK seller, the ones on the lathe were Hong Kong but didnt like them so much, heres the ones on the Bridgeport.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Vandal-Proof-Momentary-Push-Button-Switch-2A-250V-/180669765737?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2a10c1d869

Hood
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »
Hey Dan,  I'll look to see if I have another one of those boards to get rid of.
Where are you ? Israel ?

Hood, you still with Dolphin ? Any complaints ? I might purchase soon.
Thanks,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
Yes Russ, still use Dolphin for the lathe, I like it a lot and my only complaint really is it needs dxf but I believe the next version will support iges imports which will be better for me, Dan can fill you in as he is a reseller :)
The CAD side of Dolphin I dont use as its a bit clunky and I have never bothered to learn it.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »
Hey, Russ, thanks for that!

You are without a doubt in the avant-garde, Hood!

Thanks for the link!

Dan
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »
Dan, I've got one I can part with.
SPDT, 8 new relays.
Was thinking of taking some stuff to York for the guys to pick through but might not make it this year.
No reasonable offer refused. :)
You pay the shipping.
PM me if interested.
Regards,
Russ