Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:41:07 PM

Author Topic: Bridgeport is getting an overhaul  (Read 25786 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgeport is getting an overhaul
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 04:50:25 AM »
You should find the manual here http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/2098-in003_-en-p.pdf

Heres the latest pic, have the mobo fitted and the HDD is a 2.5 inch SATA fitted on a braket atthe side of the network card. Wont be much more progress for a while as I am waiting on some parts and they will be 4 or 5 weeks.
Still have to do all the machine side of things so may get some of that done.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 04:57:18 AM »
thx hood
i see you dont used from pico mobo ;)
i think this series is mini itx.

Amir
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 05:03:17 AM »
Yes, I am likely going to need 2 network ports with this setup and the pico only has one and no expansion so I decided to go with a mini ITX.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 10:08:41 PM »
Hood, I love the work you do. Can't wait to see what tricks you have up your sleeves for this machine. Hope I can pick up a few ideas that I can use on mine.
It may not be rocket science, but try to send a man to the moon with out a machinist.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 07:31:17 AM »
Well this is going to be a test bed machine, hopefully for future products ;) Cant say much more I am afraid.

Hood
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 08:02:07 AM »
Looks nice Hood !
Glad to see you made use of the relay board, let me know if you need more relays although I think I sent extras.
Quite a compact cabinet. With your climate, I guess you'll benefit from any excess heat generated.

Will you be using shunts on this one ? If so, where would you put them ? Another cabinet possibly ?

Very tidy, a proud day. :)
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 10:04:23 AM »
Yes Russ, got two boards from you and a load of either relays or sockets, can remember it was a while ago. I will likely be redoing the lathe and mill in the future so I am sure I will use up that spare relay board :)

Yes, heat would be nice ;D

Nope no shunts, motors are smallish, only 750W  and I will be keeping the original 2.5:1 gearing. I tested it out a while back and got around 5m/min which although not fast it is twice what it is with the steppers but the accel is probably 8 or more times :) The Bridgeport has a tiny travels so it should be plenty and to be honest I dont think I will use it that much for real work unless the NC5 takes a dive.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 07:51:28 AM »
Not got a lot done recently as I have not been that well, recovering well now and have the control cabinets panel  finished and also the have the control panel almost done, still have a bit of painting to do on it and thats about it, hope to get some time soon to make the arm to suspend it from then hopefully get everything in place and the wires hooked up.
 The computer has been repositioned from the earlier pic, it is now sitting on the other side of the black plate with the hard drive and some connections for external wiring on the other side.

Hood
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:54:03 AM by Hood »

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »
Good to see you back at it and feeling better, my friend  :)

Control panel looks fantastic.

What's the light blue (upper right) area on your touchscreen represent?

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
That looks real nice, Hood! Very slick indeed.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."