Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:37:33 AM

Author Topic: single block problems  (Read 18919 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: single block problems
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 08:52:31 PM »
Hood,
    I have a problem with single block also. In a very simple program, no I J moves. Just drilling 8 holes in a plate.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 08:59:12 PM »
What problem do you get, I have actually just discovered I did put a single block button in my screenset so will do some testing tomorrow if I get a chance. Its 2AM here so I better hit the sack.
Hood

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 09:08:52 PM »
Chaoticone:
the version was the only thing I changed. I agree that is probably a bug
Hood:
Yep tried the XML file. No luck. Coolant on only when system is in RESET. I always make a backup. Oh the NC file is correct, when I edited it to put in the *, I made the two lines into one. I reloaded 1.9.07 and will use that to make parts for the time being. I thought about doing a complete re-install after removing ALL files. I tried an uninstall, but left the folder otherwise intact
Mark

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 09:18:12 PM »
Chaoticone:
what happens with your system?
Mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 09:20:05 PM »
Hood,
Hi Mark,
  No, that is not how it should work. While code is running, I place in single block. It does stop at the end of the line I hit it on. But it jumps to the next line. On cycle start again the two lines are now a single move. If z is moving, I hit single block, it stops at end of line. Next line of code is a move in the x. I hit start, now the z and x are moving at the same time. This should not happen. Single block should simply pause the running at the end of a line of code. When you hit start again it should start back running as if single block was never hit. I think we gots bugs.  This is a problem.

Mark,
   I was running the lockdown version 1.84. I never noticed it doing that on single block. I can't say for sure though. I have not had mine running very long.

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 10:22:12 PM »
Duh!
Thats right, I remember you writing that now.
I happened so seldom on my system, probably the last time was 6-8 months ago, I thought it was fixed cuz I updated several times in that timespan.
It's so frustrating because I can't replicate it, it's very random
Mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 10:32:16 PM »
We may not have the same problem. Mine repeats like clock work. Can you not get yours to repeat now?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 10:34:37 PM »
Hi Guys:

I dont get here often, but I have read you pain. :) .

Fisrt, the coolant. If itson when your in reset, but not otherwise, it sounds like the "low active" is not set the same as before.
Are you saying it works backwards..on when off, off when on? If so, check the low active..

As to single block, it is disabled in comp moves at the moment. The reasin is simple, when you feedhold, if it stops in a cv or blend between moves,
the next line of Gcode wouldnt be leagl. For example, if you stopped it when it was in theory at the end of a block, it could be
out of position due to cv blending, so the next move woudlnt work.. This is a problem, because I cannt simply stop and let you continue,
the buffer contains several moves in advance. SO at the moent, if your using comp, you have no single block. If you truly need single block, then I
recommend getting an MPG and using shuttle mode, you can step through it much better that way..

Ill sson revist the single block for cv and comp, but Im experimenting with various ways of doing it better..

Thanks
Art

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 10:59:13 PM »
Thanks Art,
      It is a problem in mine even in exact stop mode. If I toggle the single block on while in a z move it jumps a line and then blends the two. It is probably my fault though. I'm running version 2.0.007. It makes perfect since in CV mode. I understand that. Mine does not give me an error message when I try to single block in CV mode though.

Mark,
   Have you tried to put in optional stops where you want them?

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the reply Art,
The coolant does not work at all unless RESET is active, I tried active High & Low; no change.
I'm not using CV, would that matter?
No it won't repeat, never has, sometimes just takes off, actually i think it completes the circle when only a partial arc is programmed. Does this make sense?
Mark