Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:02:03 PM

Author Topic: THE LATHE PROJECT - 2011  (Read 119915 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: THE LATHE PROJECT - 2011
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »

So, if YOU, HOOD, Graham, (and other PRO level lathe users), would please chime in on exactly WHAT needs to be on each screen and how many screens are really needed......

Scott I think everyone is different as to what they use, I have 4 pages to my screens but very rarely use any other than the main page. I have all I use on that page day to day. The other pages I have are a half finished diagnostics page that I never look at so its unlikely to get finished. A tool setup page that I only obviously use if I set up a new tool and a tool table page which I look at when I am writing code and need to know which tools will be in which position on the turrets and which offsets they are using. Below are the screenshots of these pages but as said everyone will have different requirements and it wil be difficult to make a screen up that everyone likes, just ask Steve ;D

Oh BTW I have the MDI on both the main and Tool Setup page.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2011, 03:40:49 AM »
Scott,

Sorry, you asked about Pro and that was what I was referring to. Thought the "Hobby" version was pretty much finished anyway in terms of concept - it has everything on the main screen.

Dan

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
Scott,
You could delete the  MDI screen in your Hobby version of Lathe in my opinion.

RICH

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
I also think it is redundant.

Dan

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2011, 04:51:36 PM »
ok, MDI on hobbie ( and pro ) will be gone.........

scott
fun times

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »
Guys, I got some free time coming up again. I would be happy to help. Whats left to be done?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
Hey DaOne...........

That would be GREAT!!!   Send me an Email at:  poppabear(at)hughes(dot)net
I am currently SLAMMED with building some automotive machine cell builds, and have had to park it till some time opens up again...
I have done the "Hobbie" version main Run screen, and most of the MDI screen (which users here said scrap it, and goto a set up page, so I think you could easily adapt it to a setup page instead.  Also, I was going to start the "Wizard" pages (like the main "Jump-Off" (wizard selection page), at page 51, then set the wizards in sequential order after that. The Wizards are NOT done at all, nor or the other standard "Lathe Pages", you can look at the page navigation buttons on the right, to get an idea of where I was going with it........  (I will need to scrap the MDI and put Setup there instead and mabey remove the MDI button all togther???).
at any rate, send me an email.

My thought, is work on it as much as you wish, then when you get tired of fooling with it, or what ever, send it all back to me, and I will finish up, or??
so that we are not stepping on each other or duplicating work........

scott
fun times

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »
As cool as everyones designs are they still never quite fit what I was looking for. I have decided to go my own direction with something I have had in the works for quite some time. It has always been a dream of mine to create a full conversational interface with a professional control look and function. With this screen set not only will it offer a clean professional layout similar to a real control it will also allow you to build full programs right from the multiple "wizards" that are imbedded into the interface. You will have full control of each operation. You can view all operations as well as delete last op and save the program you created. Just about anything simple can be programmed right on the IPS system complete with multiple tooling. This is very similar to what Haas Automation offers on there tool room series lathes. The amount of time I have put into this I will be charging a small amount for it when its finished if anyone is interested. Here is a screen shot of the OD turn IPS wizard so you can get an idea of what I am talking about. I would love to hear feedback of any kind.

Thanks,
Wes

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »
Go for it Wes,
Suggest you start a thread on it.
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2011, 09:02:10 PM »
Nice and clean looking, Wes, good luck to you-  :)

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)