Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:42:05 AM

Author Topic: THE LATHE PROJECT - 2011  (Read 119589 times)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: THE LATHE PROJECT - 2011
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »
Looks like no one is interested :(

Dan

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2011, 11:06:28 AM »
Of course someone is interested. I just don't know where to get my hands on the files you want.
Lee

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2011, 05:48:27 AM »
Scott,
Attached are the bitmaps.

RICH

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »
THANKS RICH!!!!!!!!!  That was what I needed!!!!!!!

BTW: do you, or anyone else want to help with the "grunt" screen work?

scott
fun times
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »
BTW: do you, or anyone else want to help with the "grunt" screen work?

scott

Scott,

I'll be happy to offer my help. But I can't promise speedy feedback. My schedule is rather busy these days.

Zafar

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »
ok, Zafar, that sounds good, contact me on skype when your free, I will send you the base files/bitmaps, and I will send you a "Work list"  (the pages I need done, like the wizard pages, etc........  you can pic the ones you want to do, and I will do some, of the others. What we can do is pass back and forth the .lset file, when you done with the work page or pages you want to do, send back to me, and I open it, and add some more, and we can pass it back and forth like that, till it is finished.......   The only thing I do ask, if you choose to do it, is let me know when you want to work on it, (and what you want to do on it), and when you can get it back to me, and try (as much as possible), to stay on that squedule, I will do the same for the stuff I am doing.......  that way we can keep better project time control.

scott
fun times

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »
Scott,
I would be happy to help but i have never had the time to fool with the screen designer. So not sure how i can help.
Just have never gotten around to getting into it and really don't have the time to fool with it. Time is just not my owne
lately. Don't want to make any promises and then not deliver on my end.

RICH

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »
I do understand, I have to squeeze the screen work in, between jobs, or MAKE time for it.........  Most folks here who have never done screen work, or bitmaps
have NO CLUE how much of a Time black hole they are........... Flash screens (at least for me, are about triple what ever the same screen in regular is).

Rich (or any others), if you would look at the Screen shots of the "Hobbie" lathe run screen I posted, there are buttons along the right, to navigate to other control
pages (including the Wizards index start page).  Do I need that many different pages for a Lathe?  The Hobby version will be like Mill in a way, it will have ALL the bells and whistles on the run page.

After the Hobby lathe set is done, I plan on doing a "PRO" version, that will be based on the Hobby, (as far as genearl layout, theme etc.), but the "bells and whistles" will be reduced to just a "Production" type of screen.

So, if YOU, HOOD, Graham, (and other PRO level lathe users), would please chime in on exactly WHAT needs to be on each screen and how many screens are really needed......

i.e.

Run screen:  cycle start, feed hold, stop, reset, axis dros, g code window, tool path, etc.?
Setup Screen:  what you want on this scxreen for lathe set up, for production run, tool table buttons, workoffset buttons, touch offs, etc.
MID screen: will there be one, if so, is the MDI line on the setup screen or its own screen?
Diagnostics screen:  standard
MPG Fly out:  screen 50 MPG screen, for jogging?

Wizards screen:  same ones that are in the Hobby set, and same order.

so, PLEASE chime in here, ANYONE that runs lathes in a production enviroment, and wants the simple "Make it happen #1" set.......

scott

fun times

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
Scott,

I would omit the MDI screen. Don't think a dedicated MDI screen is needed. The MDI is needed both on the setup screen and the run screen.

On the main screen needed also spindle and coolant control buttons as well as tool number and offset DROs - the new DROs Brian has just added. Also, these DRO's are needed on the setup screen. Spindle control is also needed on the setup page, since you touch off on the setup screen.

Dan

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
Dan,

are your suggestions for BOTH screen sets, or just the PRO, you didnt say........
fun times