Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:29:08 PM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 358293 times)

Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #340 on: January 30, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »
any body is here to be send plugin TOMTOM Tomura Kazuki for me?!! :'( :(
« Reply #341 on: January 30, 2017, 12:49:20 PM »
Will talk to him and ask if he allows
« Reply #342 on: January 30, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »
Will talk to him and ask if he allows
i sent for him Massage but he dont answer me yet.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2017, 07:46:22 AM »
Hi Jan,

Do you have a photo of your impact head, or a drawing showing the construction? Could you share if so please?

May be I still don't fully understand your construction as I don't see why using magnets would be preferable over a spring?

Dan
« Reply #344 on: February 05, 2017, 09:35:23 AM »
The reaction time of the magnets should be much higher than a mechanical spring. Plus they never wear out of change stiffness as the temperature changes within reason.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #345 on: February 13, 2017, 04:57:36 PM »
Dan, just take a look at a tatoo drawer, it´s exactly where i took my idea, and afterwards I took of the spring and used magnets. there is a coil(electric) on one end, and is sided by two powerfull neodimium magnets, this gives the movement, in the oher side , before the diamond tip i had a spring, now i have 4 smaller neodimium magnets, that always repels themselves.I pluged the coil in a stepper driver , shutting both a+ and B+ in one side and both a- and b- in the other wire , i shuted (jumped) both dir and step inputs on the s' or digital trigger from the board to the step driver , this will be the same as a laser ttl+ and ttl-.
In the compiling make the signal be more than 90 ms , or you won´t have impact, but a noise.
Hi, it will depend of what kind of hardware you are using, the best I could achieve was using a l298 and a dc-dc step down.
The thing is that the digital trigger from Mach3 must be conected together in step and dir of the l298.
don´t worry about english, I'm from Brasil and my english is terrible!
I am now triyng to find a different approach , instead of just using digital trigger, i am tryng to combine it with the pwm signal using  the attached software to generate the  g-code,
Give it a try , you can choose between S or Z generation , one will be used on digital trigger the other can be used to engrave slowly and with z .
The soft is in brazillian portuguese
See this scheme , maybe will help you.
Yes...it is paint ,lol.

Hi, great work, I am very interested at this application, I have read all the messages but I am not sure if the connections are right for mach3, but i have not any idea how to connect the wires if I want to use Arduino Uno R.3. Other thing that I don't find are the number of stepps for mm. that I must write in the configuration in mach3 and for Arduino Uno.  I use on my cnc  a board 4 axis all in one based on L298 with a voltage of 45 VDC (https://shop.strato.de/epages/61125483.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61125483/Products/%22SM44PCV5.2/RK2%22) but if I want use this application I must detach the fourth axe and to use an external bridge for the coil (max 24 Vdc) or I may use the two bridges based on  TB6560 that I have made for another little cnc to use Arduino Uno.
Other thing that I don't understand is how to build all the system for the impact because it isn't clear how to install the magnets and especially the coil. I hope that you help me.
I enclose a photo with the connections to know if they are right for mach3.
Claudio.
« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2017, 04:29:43 AM »
Another thing that I would know it is how to set the driver L298 and TB6560 in full step, half or other.
Claudio.
« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2017, 05:17:46 AM »
Cláudio..mach3 will work with arduino through modbus.
Tis a little more complicated.Go with paralel port if you are not a sénior user.
Plus the concept of magnets is not so easy arranged Like that.the 298 should work bit you need a dc-DC step down. Send me a e-mail tonight i will be answering them
« Reply #348 on: February 23, 2017, 03:37:19 PM »
Hi . Can help me anybody with a new and working engraving.dll?
Thank you!
« Reply #349 on: February 24, 2017, 11:54:30 AM »
Hi there,
I've got a question. Whenever I start engraving, the machine engraves it in italic shape not straight! Does anyone know what's the problem with?