Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:46:50 PM

Author Topic: Hitachi X200  (Read 128556 times)

Re: Hitachi X200
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2013, 01:59:34 AM »
You do this research and pull your hair out and tell me its not worth $150.

John is up and is working via modbus. Woo hoo.
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2013, 02:50:11 AM »
Yep. Still up playing with it because I'm too excited. :-)
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2013, 03:19:21 AM »
And who else here is doing 2:20am cst tech support LOL.
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2013, 03:04:25 AM »
You do this research and pull your hair out and tell me its not worth $150.

not its not, especially when you got this information via the forums.. Will figure it out on my own before I have to pay for free information...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:07:15 AM by cambosoup99 »
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
woohoo my modbus setup is working...now to update this post.. soon as i figure out how to post pics and files......

Hitachi X200 VFD Modbus DIY

required materials:
1. rs232 to rs485 converter (I'm using this one here http://www.ebay.com/itm/RS001-RS232-to- ... 2314ac71d3) rs001
note: I found this one searching for a more rugged design with more options, better protections and better data sheet, also 5 year warranty http://www.serialcomm.com/serial_rs232_ ... _info.aspx The eBay version doesn't have a built in provision for ground connection, although I don't think its required. X200 manual doesn't make any mention of this. edit: verified ebay converter above does work.

2. Piece of network cable (any will do, I'm using cat5e network cable)
3. serial cable (optional, you can plug the converter directly into the back of your computers serial port and just run a longer network cable to your VFD)

converter assembled:

converter assembled.JPG

The only wires you will need from the network cable is Pin 5 and Pin 6. (observe orientation and color code, I'm using cat5e network cable)

connection drawing.jpg

Pin 5 to positive on the converter
pin 6 to negative on the converter
This is all that's required for the converter assembly. The x200 only requires these two data wires for connection via mod-bus.

notes: manual mentions termination resistors. this is not required for this setup as my connection is very short. also shielded wire is recommended if you you have a lot of noise in your electrical system. A better setup would be to custom build a twisted pair, shielded network cable.

The next step is to config the x200 and mach settings.
(I'm assuming that you already have your spindle and vfd setup properly to run in the manual mode, meaning by the control panel on the vfd) SKIP TO THE BOTTOM OF THE POST FOR SETTINGS

X200 configuration Appendix B of the manual.

Set Inverter OPE/485 Switch to 485

485.jpg

Now lets go into our vfd's function codes and set those up for modbus. Set-up your vfd as shown below, all highlighted and required check boxes need to be set so communications will work properly.
Dont forget to push the STR button after every change you make, or your settings will not save

modbus parameters.jpg

*****IMPORTANT****** ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED CONFIGURING THE PARAMETERS, TURN OFF AND UNPLUG THE VFD, WAIT ABOUT 30SECONDS TILL ALL POWER IS COMPLETELY DISSIPATED. THEN PLUG IN AND RESTART YOUR VFD.

MACH SETTINGS

In Mach3 the first thing to do is to enable MODBUS by going to Config/Ports & Pins
checkmark the ModBus InputOutput Support
checkmark the ModBus plugin supported
As shown below.

port and pins.jpg

While we are in the ports and pins configuration, where going to setup the spindle, and output signals as shown below
uncheck disable spindle relays, and set output numbers to match what is shown, notice i have nothing else on this screen checked except for disable flood mist relays because I'm not using them

ports and pins spindle setup.jpg

Now go into the output tab and enable output1 and output2, (notice i have set the port# to 3, reason being is that I don't want any electrical signal output, so in a sense this sort of a dummy port but we still want the brain to read this information so with that being said, it doesn't matter what pin you have it set to either. Just make sure whatever com port you use, isn't already being used by something else)

output1 output2.jpg

Exit out of config port and pins and go to config spindle pulley
on this screen you will setup your min and max spindle rpm values. I used pulley 1 min of 1000 and max 24000 rpm.
Note: you must have your min frequency setup to match your vfd. If your min frequency on your is vfd setup too high; say 200hz (12000rpm), and you entered 1000 into machscreen. Your vfd defaults to your min value of 12000. make sense? I have my min frequency on my vfd at 0, although I'd probably never go that low, its just nice for troubleshooting later.

setup spindle pulley.jpg

Next go to setup serial modbus control
match your settings as I have them here, the only thing that might vary is your com port and baud rate, these should match your computers com port and speed.

setup serial modbus control.jpg

At this point you can connect your network cable and test your setup to see if you can read and write data to your vfd. Do this by clicking on TEST MODBUS IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE SCREEN.
your screen will look something like this.

test modbus.jpg

again make sure all your setting are correct for com and baud, which they should be by now.
click open and start testing, TEST HOLDING REGISTERS AND COILS.
test address 0, 2 registers
test address 1, 1 registers
at the end of each test, you should see a NO ERROR MESSAGE AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN. IF YOU GET ANYTHING ELSE. YOU WILL NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT WIRING, OR HARDWARE. DO NOT MOVE ON TO THE NEXT STEP UNTIL YOU HAVE SOLVED YOUR COMMUNICATION ISSUES.

If everything checked good, we can move on to the next step.

DOWNLOAD THIS FILE

spindlecontrol1.zip
    (625 Bytes) Downloaded 6 times

once you have unzipped the file. Place the spindlecontrol.brn file into your mach3 brains folder.

restart mach3 and goto OPERATOR BRAIN CONTROL THE FOLLOWING SCREEN SHOULD APPEAR

BRAIN CONTROL.jpg

In this screen select the file you just placed into the mach3 brains folder,

check enabled
click reload brain
lastly click ok
This will load the brain into mach3, and every time you restart mach3 it automatically loads it for you.

At this point you should be able to start and stop your spindle via modbus, if you can't double check all your settings saved properly.
so now what can i do with a modbus controlled spindle..
cw rotation (M3), ccw rotation (M4), speed control all via mach 3
Every time you start mach3, your vfd should display 0.0Hz if you have a good connection.
If there is no connection it defaults to programming mode.

There are other features of the Hitachi vfd but I wont go into that. I hope I didn't leave anything out. I'm no expert but these settings worked for me. I will post a video shortly.

That's it enjoy your new modbus controlled spindle!!!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR VFD SETUP TO RUN IN THE MANUAL MODE LOOK HERE FIRST.

The manual shows how to do it step by step, you just need to choose the right settings for the spindle. I'll post those up.
In the manual, setup starts at page 2-8 all the way through 2-35. Read all the way through that for the initial installation. I'm going to post the setting you will need for the power up test on page 2-24.

Here is a list of settings for your spindle, some are already set at default but you should check to be sure because it will affect your spindle operation. Also I've included other parameters that need to be setup that the initial power up procedure doesn't include.

VIEW YOUR SPINDLES DATA SHEET AND ENTER YOUR VALUES HERE. SOME VALUES WILL VARY DEPENDING ON THE SPINDLE YOU USE. SETTINGS I HAVE LISTED BELOW ARE FOR 2.2KW WATER COOLED SPINDLE.

A001- 00
A002 – 02
A004- 400HZ (THIS NEEDS TO BE SET FIRST, BEFORE THE VFD WILL LET YOU CHANGE A003
A003 – 400Hz
A061 – 400HZ
A062 – 0 (THIS THE LOWEST FREQUENCY THAT YOU WANT YOUR SPINDLE TO RUN, YOUR CHOICE, I’M USING 0 FOR FULL RANGE)
A082 – 230V
A151- 0
A152 – 400HZ
A153 – 0
A154 – 100
A155 - 00
B012 – 10 (8 TO 10 AMPS DEPENDING ON YOUR SPINDLE)
H003 – 2.2 KW (this is your spindle kw rating)
H004 - 2 poles

After you set parameters above, select D001 then press function key. (Note: this isn't a requirement for initial run but you should use it to view the speed in frequency that your spindle is running)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:36:01 PM by cambosoup99 »
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 12:39:47 AM »
Modbus diy setup instructions same as above with all the photos and files you need.

you need microsoft word to view it. I have also included the brain in the file.

enjoy..
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »
updated the instruction there was a little confusion with the converter info
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 10:23:38 PM »
wire connection for 4 wire and 2 wire converters.

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:20 AM »
Hi
New to this forumn , but for some reason I can not see any of the pictures that cambosoup99 loaded up..need help to see these pics, as I have the same setup with X200 drive and Mach3 software.
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »
Hello everyone,

Is necessary the RJ-45 Breakout Board, in this video the guy is using one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24rP5n0RNw  ???

thx