Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:43:21 AM

Author Topic: Hitachi X200  (Read 128550 times)

Re: Hitachi X200
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »
I'm able turn on/off the spindle <F5>, but it always spins CCW.
Trying to change the RPM has no effect and the Mach display always reads 0.

M3 (CW) spins CCW, and M4 (CCW) spins CW.  This is brand new behavior.
Any ideas as to what I need to configure to get this working correctly?

Can somebody take a screen shot of their Pins & Ports settings?
I've tried just about every option I can think of with no success.

Steve
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »
The thread on the brain configuration has been helpful.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,17192.msg117298.html#msg117298

I can control my spindle using the Test ModBus dialog.  On/Off, direction (CW, CCW) and Freq/RPM - all fine.
So, apparently it's not a problem with the cable, hardware, or Brain.  (Ok, maybe my brain).

One thing that confuses me a bit, is that the X200 manual says for coil 0002h that 0 = RV and 1 = FW.
What I am seeing is that 0 = CW, and 1 = CCW.  What I am calling CW would be the direction you need for standard woodworking tools.  The tool spins CW relative to the workpiece (when viewed from above).

I must have some issues with other Mach configuration, perhaps the Brain is referring to a different DRO than what I am using to display/control the spindle speed?

Steve
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2011, 06:48:23 AM »
FW and RV are from the drives perspective. If the motor goes the other way then swap any two of the three phase wires to change its rotation to the other way.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »
I'm in the process of setting up my VFD.  I'm just wondering, does any one use any of the other Inputs/Outputs?  I want to use the relay output to turn the water pump on for the spindle, and a digital output to feed back the alarm status.

Is there any nice way to set up an "Enable" input so the VFD doesn't do anything until enabled?  I see a Trip line, but that needs a reset to recover. 

I have an SJ200, which looks similar to the X200.
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2011, 09:12:12 PM »
I have read and read and read and have everything hooked up the way it should be.

I can get "no error" when I open the com on test modbus

But when i read anything I get rceive timeout.

I am usiung a db9 rs232 to rs485
I have rj45 5 and 6 going to it correctly - Tx+ and TX-
I have all teh settings from diyengineer's write up
I have tested the spindle with the keypad prior to setting the modbus settings on the VFd.

Any ideas what I might need to change??
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2011, 05:30:07 PM »
OK my issue was a bad serial cable. Cahnged the cable and Modbus is working!
BUT.....

Steve you and I have the exact same issues with it starting CCW, a toggle reverses it and it never stops.

Reversing the wires would not fix the issue with a spindle toggle reversing the spindle and not stopping.

Do we need that PWM?? Why would we need that with modbus??

Anyone have a working brain with run, CW, and CCW all working. Can you please upload a new brain file please.

Mikie
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2011, 07:17:27 PM »
OK - So I enabled PWM on ports and pins spindle control. That seems to allow me to stop and start correctly. I flipped two motor out wires on the VFD so now rotation is correct.

I need to know how to set a delay so the spindle comes up to speed before it starts cutting - Anyone know that off the top of their head by chance?

I also need to research how to spin the spindle CCW and check that to see if that works.

The CW button just stops and starts the spindle.

I use the mach blue big tex screen.

Mikie
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2011, 04:48:06 AM »
To set a delay for the spindle normally you can go to ports and pins, then the spindle tab and set the delays right there. I don't know if this works with a Modbus spindle or not.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2011, 05:03:09 AM »
Yep I got it done. ports and pins spindle setup. Works perfect with modbus.

I made a little video of my modbus spindle bench testing tonight if anyone wants to check it out.

http://youtu.be/8JdEmSHFo3w
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2011, 06:56:51 AM »
Looks good. Like the video.
As an aside I would consider having the spindle cooling run for a minute or 2 after the spindle stops. Your intelligent relay may or may not be programmable to allow for some delay before shutting down the cooling.

Mike