Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:07:23 AM

Author Topic: Hitachi X200  (Read 128571 times)

Re: Hitachi X200
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »
I went to device manager and found that i had to set the serial to usb converter to 19,200 baud, and the com port was set to port number 6.

In modbus config i have set it to port num 6 now (was at 1), but it wont open the comm port now.

I'm going to check my "wires" to make sure its connected correctly.
Re: Hitachi X200 .... slowly but surely..
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
1. Double checked my cables and pinout. They are correct.

2. Had to go into device manager (windows xp) and setup the serial to usb converter. It was set to COM 6, and baud 9600. I left it at com 6, and selected 19,200. The other settings were correct.

3. Updated the new com port number into mach, but with no luck. Still wont open the "port" when i click open.

4. Found that all my settings i "entered" into the vfd through the keypad didn't save!! After selecting a setting and changing its value, you must hit the "STR" key (Save to ram) or it will not save any of your settings. Corrected this issue.

5. In modbus test (in mach), it will still not "open" com port 6. The correct drivers are loaded for the converter, and device manager says the device is working properly. What could it be?

I have the SW7 switch on 485, and SW8 set to off like the manual states for modbus operation. I also have all the settings programmed into the VFD and saved, per the manual specs. Com port 6 at 19200 baud is my usb to serial converter. Mach simply can't open the port.

What should I do?

Check out the pictures! Thanks.
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »
More pictures.
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
More pictures II.
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »
1. Double checked my cables and pinout. They are correct.

2. Had to go into device manager (windows xp) and setup the serial to usb converter. It was set to COM 6, and baud 9600. I left it at com 6, and selected 19,200. The other settings were correct.

3. Updated the new com port number into mach, but with no luck. Still wont open the "port" when i click open.

4. Found that all my settings i "entered" into the vfd through the keypad didn't save!! After selecting a setting and changing its value, you must hit the "STR" key (Save to ram) or it will not save any of your settings. Corrected this issue.

5. In modbus test (in mach), it will still not "open" com port 6. The correct drivers are loaded for the converter, and device manager says the device is working properly. What could it be?

I have the SW7 switch on 485, and SW8 set to off like the manual states for modbus operation. I also have all the settings programmed into the VFD and saved, per the manual specs. Com port 6 at 19200 baud is my usb to serial converter. Mach simply can't open the port.

What should I do?

Check out the pictures! Thanks.

Opening the port should have nothing to do with Modbus. You can open a port even if nothing is attached to it. If you can't open the port then it means it can't find it.

See if you can open the port in Hyperterm.

Also make sure that you plug the usb serial port into the PC before you start up Mach3, or start up Hyperterm.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »
The USB cable is plugged in before i even start the computer up.

I opened up hyperaccess (which is like the big brother of hyper terminal) and it keeps saying "com 6" is busy!? (busy doing what?! haha)

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/106932-hitachi_x200_settings.html#post948028

POST 41 shows in the link above shows 5 pictues of the device maganger settings i have access to for the converter. Also has the pdf user manual attached.

Someone mentioned over there if it was "configured" for 2 wire operation. Since there is no switch or no software option for selecting that i didn't know what to say.
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2011, 04:52:34 PM »
Im using T-/A and T+/B.

Those are the correct ones right?
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2011, 05:01:16 PM »
I changed the com port from 6 ----> 2 and it still wouldnt open in mach. Must have something wired incorrectly?
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2011, 05:06:13 PM »
Also, i can get port 1,3,4,5 to "open in mach serial test". Those are the ports for my serial and parallel port cards. So those work correctly.

Port 2 and 6 (along with anything above 6 will not open)