Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:57:07 AM

Author Topic: How do I reverse the x-axis direction of travel?  (Read 52985 times)

Re: How do I reverse the x-axis direction of travel?
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 06:56:55 PM »
K2 says not worth moving limit switches. When running a program just zero everything out at the x/y start point and from a relative point of view everything will be the same.

Where can I get a simple G-code that does something interesting but is less than 1000 lines. All the samples in the g-code folder are too big for me to run on my demo software. Just want to make sure everything is set before I invest in the full prog (now there's a typical Scotsman speaking!!)

Hood

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2006, 01:18:20 AM »
Personally I would not be happy having only a Y +ve limit switch, it means that there is no physical protection at all to crashing the machine if you go a bit too far on the Y -ve. You will be relying totally on the soft limits.
 Dont really know of any code. Probably the best thing to do is go into some of the wizards and just do some basic shapes. If you go into the circular pocket wizard you can make a large spiral pattern by telling it you have an 1/2 inch cutter but actually only using a 1/4 inch. You could also use several wizards to make up the code for a larger job, just edit them all together by cutting and pasting into a blank notepad doccument and saving as a .tap. Have fun :)
Hood
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 01:27:30 AM by Hood »
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »
Many thanks, I might buy another switch and enable that as a y-negative limit, shouldn't be too gard.
Looks like I have mach3 as configured as possible wt this point. Any further newbie questions should be related to Gcode and I'll ask those in another thread. Hood you have been a great help.

Hood

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2006, 12:04:35 PM »
No problem, not too hot on the G code myself, basic stuff is OK but nothing more altough I am learning ;)