Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:46:42 AM

Author Topic: How do I reverse the x-axis direction of travel?  (Read 52626 times)

Re: How do I reverse the x-axis direction of travel?
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 12:59:12 PM »
I added 1s to both the step port and the direction port for all three axes. Nothing happened. Do I need to restart to enable those setting changes?

Hood

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 01:33:16 PM »
Still in Inverness? I am from Carnoustie, quite a few miles south of you.
 Dont think a restart is needed but you could try. Also just noticed you have 2 and 3 pins for ALL axis, thats not right, you need to sort that out. Have a look in your Mach2 config and see which pins you had set for the step and dir of each axis.
Hood
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:35:24 PM by Hood »
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 01:41:53 PM »
Carnoustie! Jings mun, hae a wee drammie for me! I'm in California now (see my web site in my profile)

What should I set those step and direction pins to? Whatever's in there is what I got as defaults when I installed. I'll check against Mach2 settings...

Another question, on the INPUT SIGNALS screen you get pins 10 thru 13 ans 15 for setting x,y and x limits and home. Trouble is you only get five available pins and you need six if you want a home for each axis.. what's the standard given that I have a limit switch on each axis?

Hood

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 01:47:56 PM »
You will have to look and see which pins you have to which drive, its not a generic thing, it can be set up to use any of the output pins. It will more than likely be
x step 2 dir 3
y step 4 dir5
z step 6 dir 7

As for the limits you dont actually need seperate home switches, I just have one optical  switch for each axis and they  act as + and - limits, then when a home is done mach will use them as home switches.
 What kind of switches do you have? is this a bought setup or are you making the control up yourself?
 Will check out your site in a wee while.
Hood
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 02:02:47 PM »
Hey - I got the axes moving! I went into mach2 and although the format is quite a bit different I was able to map the settings onto the mach3 page, and it worked. The x-axis is still moving the wrong way but I think we addressed that earlier and I will try that in a few moments.

I hope this thread might help other total newbies in my position.

Hood

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 02:05:26 PM »
Great, all you need to do now is take the tick out of the X Axis Dir LowActive and it should work the right way.
Hood
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »
Just did that - everything runs in the right direction now. Many thanks for the guidance.

My limit switches aren't working though. Should they be on low active too? If I click them on I don't get any lights on the diagnostics screen. I'm just afraid of the carriages slamming into the body of the machine by accident (ouch!)

Hood

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 02:20:32 PM »
You will need to set them up to the correct pins, will depend on whether they are NC(normally closed) or NO (normally open) whether you will need low acticve ticked. If you had them working in Mach2 just have a look and see what the settings were.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 02:23:48 PM »
BTW had a look at your site, some nice looking guitars, not that I know anything about guitars and thats a richt bonnie lassie ye hae ;)
Hood
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 02:40:13 PM »
Thanks Hood, I'll let the wee quinie know you said that!
Unfortunately I didn't get that far in Mach2. I'll monkey around with the limit switches today.

An interesting note: After reversing the direction of travel I went into Motor Tuning and set up all three axes to run nice and smooth at 300 ipm. When I saved the settings and tried the machine again the x-axis direction had reset itself to the original backwards direction and I had to go in and recheck that box again.

Time to watch the setup vidoes again I think!