Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:11:53 PM

Author Topic: Help getting set up  (Read 21661 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Help getting set up
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 05:52:54 AM »
You will find the xml's in your Mach3 folder, C:\Mach3 if you installed to the default location. You will see several xml's one will be Mach3Mill.xml, one Mach3Turn.xml  etc etc. If you are using a custom profile then there will be a xml with the name of the custom profile. The xml you need to attach is the one for the profile you are using so for instance if you start Mach from the Mach3Mill shortcut then its Mach3Mill.xml.

Hood

Offline Rob27

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »
My .sml file should be posted...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 02:12:43 PM »
I see you have output 1 enabled but there is no pin asigned to it, you seem to be using that for the spindle so until a pin is asigned then the spindle wont work (if you are using it for that )
 Do you get any DRO movement when you jog via the keyoard or do a move via the MDI line? If so then check you have your pins asigned correctly and also check the port address is correct.
Hood

Offline Rob27

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 02:42:06 PM »
No, I wont be using any pins for a spindle. I wouldnt think that would matter really to make the motors jog.

I am getting movement in the x and y when I jog with the key board, but no motor movement. My pulse frequency is 24060, if that means anything...

Also, I used aluminum wire to connect all the elcetronics, and the wire that is connecting the motors is copper... I wouldnt think that would make a difference, just FYI, I guess!

I will check again to make sure the direection and step are correct... and I will check the printer port again...

Offline Rob27

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
Printer port is correct, at 378... Ports and pins are all correct.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »
Well your xml looks fine other than the Output and yes you are correct in assumng that would not stop the motors from turning. Best thing to do is get a voltmeter or scope and check from the port out that the dir signals are there and find out where the problem lies but it certainly seems to be hardware if all the correct pins are asigned.
 One thing I am wondering is are you using a breakout board? reason I am asking is possibly your parallel port is low on voltage and if not using a decent breakout, to boost the voltage, your drives may not be seeing the signals.
Hood

Offline Rob27

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 03:49:45 PM »
I am using a cnc4pc breakout board... the c10. I did notice that plugging in the parallel port, the break out board led lit up. It is also powered by a 5 volt dc power source... does this make sence?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »
I am not sure about these bobs as I have never had one, seem to remember you need two different supplies to them but may be wrong, I will go and have a look at the specs in a minute. Check with a voltmeter at the parallel port to see if the Dir pins are getting 5v then 0v when you jog one way then the other, if thats ok then put the cable back in and check again at the other end, if thats ok then put the cable back on the bob and check on the output side of it.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »
OK just had a look at the specs, you need an enable input to that bob, do you have one?
Hood

Offline Rob27

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 04:12:12 PM »
Im not sure I understand... Im sort of new to setting these up!