Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:11:41 AM

Author Topic: Help getting set up  (Read 21670 times)

Help getting set up
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
Hello all,
   I just loaded up Mach 3 to give it a try with my mill and have had no luck with getting my motors to move. I watched the getting started and troubleshooting video to check for the common errors. I have been using kCam so I have the port address, port number, and pins correct. I have the E Stop set so it stops flashing at me when I hit reset. I made sure all the check boxes on the first tab in port setup were correct. I tried toggling the active low + high for the step pins. I ran the driver test .exe and it everything looked good. There are no leds lit on the diagnostics tab. What could I be missing?  Thanks for any help

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Help getting set up
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:27:41 AM »
Hi, Beanprofit

Do you have a Pulse Freq. on the Diag. Page ?

Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 04:54:16 AM »
Also check that the Jog control is green like in the above pic.
If you still cant get it going attach your xml and someone will have a look and see if there are any obvious problems.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 11:31:02 AM »
My pulse frequency is 25377 all the time and the jog button is lit up. Where do i upload/email the xml file?
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »
You will have to copy your xml to some place on your hard drive other than the Mach3 folder and then rename it, suggest you call it Beanprofit.xml  Once you have done that then you can attach it to a post by clicking on the additional options button on the reply page and that will allow you to browse top the renamed xml on your drive.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 02:00:22 PM »
Ok, It should be attached

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »
Well dont see anything glaringly wrong in your xml :)
 When you press the keyboard arrows to jog do the DROs move? If they do then put a voltmeter between pin 3 and ground on the computers parallel port, jog the X one way then the other and see if the voltage changes between 5 and 0, do the same for pins 5 and 7. If that all checks out then do the same for pins 2, 4 and 6 and see if you get a voltage reading when you are jogging, it will be low, maybe even mV (depends on your jogging speed)
Hood
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 03:06:04 PM »
The DRO does not move when i use the arrows but, i think that is because i am using a laptop that douse not have the number keypad. The DRO does move when I hit tab and click on the jog arrows with the mouse. I will check out the outputs with my scope later today and see what is going on at the port. Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »
OK, let us know how it goes, also just double check the Step and Dir pins are not asigned the wrong way round as its an easy thing to do.
Hood

Offline Rob27

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »
Strange, I am having the same exact problem and have done the same things Beanprofit has done! hmmm...

I am not sure what an .xml file is, where to get it and save it... Im new at this. Can somone help me with that?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:02:32 PM by Rob27 »